BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window labels/Favorites

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in the process of saving common windows as favorites. I want them to show labels in elevations. I'm using the ID as the label text. The problem is that when I save the window settings as a favorite then place it the label isn't automatically placed in elevation. I have to manually turn it on every time. Is there a way to make it automatic or am I just going to have to deal with it?

Thanks,

Doug
5 REPLIES 5
Rick Thompson
Expert
There is a known bug in saving a window favorite. You do have to save the window through the window pallet rather than through the favorite pallet, but that might not help here. So, probably part of the same bug.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rick,

Yeah I'm saving it through the window selection settings. I hate to admit this but I didn't even know that you could label a window or door in elevation until this morning I came across a post while I was browsing the forums. I new that you could do it in plan. In autocad we had blocks of all our windows with the name included. I like the fact that the label is linked so if you have to move the window the label goes with it. It's also handy that you can move the label independently. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix so that you don't have to mess with it everytime you place a window.

Thanks,

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just did this in plan with a newel post. I got the text size and location of the label where I wanted it. I went to the label settings and saved it as a favorite then saved the post as a favorite. When I place a new instance of it, the label is there and the text size is right but the position seems to revert to a default. Could this be part of the same bug or is it just the way it's supposed to work. If it's the latter then it doesn't make sense to me. If I have an object that 99% of the time has a label in the same place it would be nice if it was automatic.

Thanks,

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
4thorns wrote:
Hi Rick,

I hate to admit this but I didn't even know that you could label a window or door in elevation until this morning I came across a post while I was browsing the forums.
Hi there,

Could you possible direct me to this post? Or alternatively tell me how to label doors/windows/objects in elevation. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Learn and get certified!