BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

getting "bugged" out via window / door schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
everytime i add a note in the "description" column for both door and window schedules i get dumped out.

any thoughts are appreciated!

ky -
archicad 11 user
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am getting dumped out every time i add a note to window/ door schedules.

how do you alleviate this?

ky -
AC 11
Eduardo Rolon
Dumped???

Press the "unDumped" button in your OS video card settings. Also you might get undumped if you upgrade to the latest AC patch. Or you might have a dumpable version of your Operating system that needs upgrading.

Just guessing as to the problem "dumping", OS "dumpable", on a computer "unendumpable" and "dumpable" veriosn of AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Already dumped in other thread, PLEASE do not double post.

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=118926#118926
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
So what exactly do you mean by Dumping?? Crashing?
You'll need to specify your operating system and hardware if you seek more advice.
EJ consulted Humpty Dumpty for that advice.

Modern Humpty Dumpty:

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and all the
Kings Workers Compensation Officers
gleefully denied Humpty's claim
since he was
drinking on the job."
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
(Threads merged. As Eduardo says, do not double post - and figure out the single best forum for your question before posting...in this case, the Schedules forum.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
perhaps my verbage is too vague and doesn't strike a chord so on a serious note we'll try this again.

these are the specifications:)

model: - dell desktop xps 700
o.s.: - microsoft windows xp media center 2005
processor: - intel core 2 duo - 3000
memory: - 4 GB
h.d.: - 500 GB SATA
video card: - dual 512 MB NVIDIA

when i add a comment in the door and or window schedule AC11 immediately shuts down (not my computer).

i understand the "double post". it hasn't happened before.
Karl Ottenstein
Post a screenshot of the schedule fields in your scheme settings, so that we can see the names of all of the fields that are in use ... and indicate the name of the field into which you are entering your 'comment'.

Example attached.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
You of course sent the Bug report, after the Archicad crash, previously filling in all the details?

PS The Archicad and the machine details go into your signature ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'll post a screenshot (not sure what that process involves as i have never done before but i'll figure it out) and send over.

i intend to put the o.s. specifications into my signature just haven't done so yet.

i did file a "bug report" at the time of the AC 11 crash(s) but have not received any feedback.

i'm sure there's a solution here - thanks for your patience as i'm a new AC 11 US user and learning the system...................and also trying to meet a project deadline.
Learn and get certified!