BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layout Border line and Stairs railing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Kindly give me a hint on how i can make the edge line of a veiw point i imported into layout invisible so that whatever line i have on the drawing will be of my design or detail drawings, each time edge stains are left on the drawings in the layout and after printing. though i have already uncheck (as in "off" )show drawing id,layout id, scale, name etc under the title section of the drawing selection setting dialogue box.
Secondly how do i join neatly two railings (one vertical and the other inclined to the slope of the parent staircase) intersecting along the same plane, as i have used the predefined railing available in archicad 11, i will appreciate your response

Thanks in advance

Femi
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
femi wrote:
Kindly give me a hint on how i can make the edge line of a veiw point i imported into layout invisible so that whatever line i have on the drawing will be of my design or detail drawings, each time edge stains are left on the drawings in the layout and after printing. though i have already uncheck (as in "off" )show drawing id,layout id, scale, name etc under the title section of the drawing selection setting dialogue box.
Femi:

Could you post a screen shot of this problem?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
i hope this explain what i mean
Presentation1.jpg
Jere
Expert
View Menu ---> On-Screen View Options sub-menu ---> Drawing Frames
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
drawing settings/ frame tab/ uncheck the 'add printable border' box.
hth
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The onscreen view option does the trick, i am indeed very grateful, i would want to know how to join two railing along the same plane but meet at differnt angles ( horizontal and inclined) as i discribed above,
so if you have any advice

Ones again

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
femi wrote:
i would want to know how to join two railing along the same plane but meet at differnt angles
Hi Femi,

Maybe this will help you
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/How_to_create_balustrades_using_TrussMaker?highlight=%28trussm...

Another method that comes in my mind would be using beams (horizontal and inclined ones) and applying some SEO to them (operators = roofs).
The 3D Profiler from Cadimage or Objective from Encina might help you as well.

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Dwight
Newcomer
Using beams might appear to be the easiest way to do this since beams don't match up well as they change slope.

It is okay on slight slopes because who can notice???, but on a stair, look out.
015.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!