Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

problem with saved file in trial version

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was drawing project (for school) for 1 week in trial version of archicad.
Yesterday i installed new windows and so reinstalled the archicad. The problem is that now i cant open. It says: This trial version file can be opened only on the computer on which it was saved. So what should I do now...
Please help...thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you can do about the file problem. It may be that only GS or your dealer can help with that. Remember that a trial version is not intended for use on real work. The file limitation is presumably built in to prevent someone reinstalling their system every 30 days in order to run the trial indefinitely.

Since you are a student, why not get a student license? Last I heard they are free and you won't have the trial version limitations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
that's right..but educational version is limited to 15 days. i am asking what to do with file who cant be opened, not witch version of archicad should i choose:)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understood that the educational version is good for one year with renewals as long as you remain a student (or teacher).

My point about opening the file is that it is presumably a form of copy protection and it is likely that only GS can help you. You could try merging the old file into a new one, but the chances are that won't work either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
but why archicad thinks that i save this file on another computer???
warning that this could happen using archicad (yes i know it was just trial) should be written before installing archicad.
example: i am trying the trial version (work on project or sth), and after 25 days i decided to buy it. and what should i do... if i cant open that i was drawing...... but who is stupid here?? ME!!! when i get archicad promotional version i should threw it to the trash and downloaded the same with crack....
Anonymous
Not applicable
karim wrote:
I was drawing project (for school) for 1 week in trial version of archicad.
Yesterday i installed new windows and so reinstalled the archicad. The problem is that now i cant open. It says: This trial version file can be opened only on the computer on which it was saved. So what should I do now...
Please help...thank you
Hi Karim,

Have a look at this thread -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=116277

This is the link mentioned at the end regarding the trial version -
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Trial_Installation_Data_Recovery?highlight=%28TechNotes/%29%7C%28ArchiCAD+11%29

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I'm not sure what you can do about the file problem. It may be that only GS or your dealer can help with that. Remember that a trial version is not intended for use on real work. The file limitation is presumably built in to prevent someone reinstalling their system every 30 days in order to run the trial indefinitely.

Since you are a student, why not get a student license? Last I heard they are free and you won't have the trial version limitations.
Are You kidding? Reinstall the system? ahaha XD you may just change the date by the "Change Date And time zone" of Windows; exactly like all the software Adobe, The trial mode can be avoided just changing your system date. Anyway you may take the student version and using this trick, because the project in Student version can be shared with other copy of archicad Student version. but in the commercial trial version the problem is that you will be the only one that may work on the project. but you can still print it or export it in different file as 3D for artlantis, or autocad files etc etc. So just changing the time of your system will be enough.