Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ¿News about AC 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

¿Anybody knows anything about AC 12, please?

I'm hearing rumours, but nothing concrete...

Thanks a lot and regards.

P.S. Like another user says: "forgive my spanglish..."
325 REPLIES 325
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jorge,
Do you see this with Revit or any other software? I'm not sure what you expect!
I expect GS to be ahead.
How come the "leading" AC-solution can´t model traditionel standing panels or facade-sidings in a rational way, like the API from Cadimagetool?
Define rational!
"Based on or in accordance with reason or logic"
It took AC two years to introduce the open gl-rendering engine after it was implemented in Vektorworks. Remarkable!
So what, it tool AutoDesk 15 plus years to buy Revit so they can do real BIM.
Not relevant to me, it took over 1000 years to build the great wall of china.
Step up GS, My demands are high, and they should.
No more demands, "it is what it is".
Overall we get a very good product. But luckily you live in free society where you can choose to spend your money as you like. I would venture to say that the competition is no better.
Please define "Overall", "luckily" and "free society" and when you´re at it "I would"

Ok, everything "is what it is", so what!
I will now adapt this successful "thinking"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your views are what they are. Your obviously pretty frustrated but luckily you're free to move on with your life and go lurk in the shadows elsewhere. God knows that after posting a few times in the last year you must be spent!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sam wrote:
Peter wrote:
I recon it will be announced tomorrow (Thurs 12 June) and released 14 July! (fingers crossed! I'm still in an optimistic mood!)

Any other takers, as I assume nobody other than GS employees would actually know!
still optimistic? it would be nice to hear as much from Graphisoft as an "You will receive information on such and such date" but not ah thing.
I'm still kind of optimistic!

I did recieve an email to say look out for some infomation regarding AC12 next week some time, so lets be patient!

I will revise my guess to a Thursday 19th announcement!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Peter wrote:
I will revise my guess to a Thursday 19th announcement!
I'm guessing Monday, 06.16.08
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
I'm guessing Monday, 06.16.08
Morning or afternoon?...
Anonymous
Not applicable
nm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Goose,

Thank you for the link!
If you don't mind I correct your link:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/ezlesz.html#documentation

Edit: Ooops! Thought it was public...
Chadwick
Newcomer
I'm most curious about what this new 'System Technology' is. I'm very happy to see the curtain wall fixed. That thing frustrated me to absolutely no end. I would literally have to take a walk away from my computer trying to get a curtain wall to work correctly.

The multi-core support is nice as well...the rest of that is give or take for me.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Jere
Expert
I'm also quite interested about the system technology and how it will apply to other elements in future releases. That curtainwall tool certainly looks promising; as does the 3D document!
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Thomas Holm
Booster
It IS official. http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1