Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ¿News about AC 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

¿Anybody knows anything about AC 12, please?

I'm hearing rumours, but nothing concrete...

Thanks a lot and regards.

P.S. Like another user says: "forgive my spanglish..."
325 REPLIES 325
Djordje
Ace
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Chazz
Enthusiast
Any word on file migration from 11 to 12?

Is it worth doing or is it one of those lame cases where "if you are more than 80% into you project in AC11, you'd better finish it there" It seems like it should work well since there are no big changes to the workflow or structure, but I have been wrong about this in the past....
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Djordje
Ace
Chazz wrote:
Any word on file migration from 11 to 12?

Is it worth doing or is it one of those lame cases where "if you are more than 80% into you project in AC11, you'd better finish it there" It seems like it should work well since there are no big changes to the workflow or structure, but I have been wrong about this in the past....
Works well. Even the beta test had an 11 subset library. You will need it ... anything that can be done with the Curtain Wall is not in the standard library any more. Or, was not there in the Betas ... have not seen the final one 😉

I am old (fashioned) enough to keep the project in the version that it was started in, unless the new features absolutely demand the switch.
Djordje

HP Omen
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
thank you Thomas
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Chazz
Enthusiast
Djordje wrote:
I am old (fashioned) enough to keep the project in the version that it was started in, unless the new features absolutely demand the switch.
Like me, "once burned, twice shy" But heck, it shouldn't be this way. We never worry about what version an MS Word doc was made in (actually, the new one can be a pain) or the version of our MP3 files. If the new verion of a tool needs changes to the file it should run an update on the file, as iTunes and iPhoto does. To the user it should be all but transparent, even irrelevant.....
Djordje
Ace
Agree ...

Had a slight fight on a forum in native language with an university colleague using Revit. There was a "open an old project in the new version" question from another guy, and my colleague coolly asked "whaddaya mean archives, libraries, etc ... you just open".

Yes, would be ideal. You just open.
Djordje

HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
Chris wrote:
For those who know these things - Any changes to the interior elevation tool? Specifically, I'd love to see a horizontal range limit as in sections and exterior elevations.
Nope.
Tom Waltz
Chazz
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
Chris wrote:
For those who know these things - Any changes to the interior elevation tool? Specifically, I'd love to see a horizontal range limit as in sections and exterior elevations.
Nope.
Given the quiet modesty that GS is employing to hint at improvements to the grid tool (that is to say the fixes to make it usable that should have been there to begin with), I thought maybe the IE tool might receive similar, understated improvements.

Guess not.

Bummer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nope.
Given the quiet modesty that GS is employing to hint at improvements to the grid tool (that is to say the fixes to make it usable that should have been there to begin with), I thought maybe the IE tool might receive similar, understated improvements.

Guess not.

Bummer.
That's too bad - with that function already available in related tools, it seems that it would be easy to implement with the interior elevations. But then again, I don't know the first thing about programming.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/
Was this in reponse to my question about interior elevations? I have read the webpage, the pdf, and watched the movies. But with all that, my impression based on comments of people here and the language of the site ( "This two-page PDF document introduces the most important new features and concepts of ArchiCAD 12.") is that there are smaller improvments not mentioned. Hence my question.

Should we be assuming that that is not the case and if it's not mentioned on the website then there is no change?