BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Create plugin for Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings.
I write plugin for Arhicad.
It is necessary for me to be built in the menu.
I look examples. Откомпилировал Panel_Test in Visual Studio 2005 C ++.
Has received library Panel_Test.apx. Has put her{it} in a folder " d:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 11\Add-Ons\Local \ ".
At loading ArhiCad speaks, that a mistake in plugin. I come in Add-On Manager, plugin is inactive, the information about plugin: " The file is either not an Add-On or an outdated one that cannot be used with this ArchiCAD version. "

Prompt please, what to me to do?
Thank.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Make sure you have read everything in this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2699

Be sure that you have a proper developer ID if you want to test the add-on in a licensed copy of ArchiCAD...and that the devkit you are using is for the release you are using.

You can test an add-on in the demo version of AC if you do not have a developer ID (MDID).

I assume that the build proceeded normally without any errors, particularly link/load errors? Officially, you are supposed to use VS .NET 2003 for the build, but other versions can be used by manually adjusting settings. You are on your own for doing so.

Finally, use the AddOn Management utility in the developer folders to verify that your compiled add-on is valid. This is different than the Addon Management command inside of ArchiCAD.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl, I am very grateful for your help:) Thank.

2003 I have established VS on the computer. Compile at once:) (as against VS 2005)
Result:
------ Build started: Project: Panel_Test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling the non-localized GRC file...
Compiling the localized GRC file...
Compiling the RC2 file...
Compiling...
Panels.cpp
Panel_Test.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
Creating library .\Debug/Panel_Test.lib and object .\Debug/Panel_Test.exp
ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'api_c.pdb' was not found with '\Addons Archicad\E\Support\Lib\Win\ACAP_STAT.lib' or at 'd:\Addons Archicad\E\Examples\Panel_Test\Debug\api_c.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

Build log was saved at "file://d:\Addons Archicad\E\Examples\Panel_Test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Panel_Test - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped
Confuses the warning of the compiler.
As far as it influences?

P.S. I am sorry for my bad English
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still some questions:

1. I want to be built in menu ArchiCAD, what example to me will approach better?
2. There is a folder: " d:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 11\Add-Ons \ ", in the given folder where to me to put plugin (is still subfolders), whether it is possible in root to leave, as far as it is important?

Many thanks.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Egorich wrote:
ACAP_STAT.lib(ACAPlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'api_c.pdb' was not found with '\Addons Archicad\E\Support\Lib\Win\ACAP_STAT.lib' or at 'd:\Addons Archicad\E\Examples\Panel_Test\Debug\api_c.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
Confuses the warning of the compiler.
As far as it influences?
Ignore this warning - it has no significance in this context.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Egorich wrote:
1. I want to be built in menu ArchiCAD, what example to me will approach better?
2. There is a folder: " d:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 11\Add-Ons \ ", in the given folder where to me to put plugin (is still subfolders), whether it is possible in root to leave, as far as it is important?
I hope I understood the questions

1) There are a number of example projects with the developer kit which add a menu to ArchiCAD. If you want documentation for this process, start looking at ACAPI_Register_Menu and ACAPI_Install_MenuHandler. These describe how you install your menus when ArchiCAD launches.

2) Do you want to know if add-ons can be installed in a subfolder of the Add-Ons folder? If so, the answer is "yes". They will be found and loaded almost anywhere in the Add-Ons folder (or a subfolder).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks
Learn and get certified!