BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Different line styles in Complex Profile?

John Dunham
Participant
I'm just beginning to experiment with Complex Profiles and was wondering if it is possible to get different line styles in plan? I have created a simple foundation wall with footing and would like the wall to have a solid line, and the footing to have the typical dashed line. I can't see an obvious way to do this yet it would seem to be a necessary feature. Any suggestions?
John

OS X 10.15.7
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're looking for dashed footing lines in plan, it can be done through a combination of a well placed floor plan cut plane and the "floor plan display" settings of the walls in question.

The floor plan cut plane setting can be found in the view settings dialog box and are saved with individual views. Set the cut plane to cut through the stem of the foundation above the footing. Adjust the Relative floor plan range as needed.
John Dunham
Participant
"Dom Askew" wrote:
If you're looking for dashed footing lines in plan, it can be done through a combination of a well placed floor plan cut plane and the "floor plan display" settings of the walls in question.

Thanks Dom but I can't seem to get this to work with a Complex Profile wall. I've played with the cut plane and the floor plan display settings but no luck. The footings either show up as solid lines, or they disappear altogether with only the cut lines of the wall showing.
John

OS X 10.15.7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just one more adjustment
Uncut Outline.jpg
John Dunham
Participant
Dom wrote:
Just one more adjustment
That did it! There's alway's one more adjustment. Thank you very much Dom. I appreciate your help...
John

OS X 10.15.7
Learn and get certified!