Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scaling Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone im a HSC student doing a house design for my major project, I want to ask if anyone knows how to adjust the scale from the lines i draw in the archicad. In my case, i got a map of the land from the realestate, i scaned it and imported to archicad, i drew out the outlines but after i have done that, how do i make it to the actual scale?
Sorry for my english,
I really need help for this problem, anyone can teach me the solutions? Many Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
adzik
Newcomer
Do you know the actual scale of the scanned map?

If so then you can calculate how big it should be in ArchiCAD and then you can use the scale command to stretch the scanned image to the right size.

PS.

Can't the real estate agency provide you with a digital drawing of the landspace? I mean in AutoCAD or some other format, because you can easily import DWG files into ArchiCAD and they will the have the correct scale.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yea i know the scale its 1:100 so what buttons do i have to click to do it?
PS: I'll try to go to real estate maybe like tomorrow and ask them.
adzik
Newcomer
If you have a straight line on that map i.e. a building or sth then measure its length on the paper and calculate its real length. Then in AC use the measuring tape (just press "m" on your keyboard) to measure the length of that same line in AC and calculate the difference. After that just use the Scale command (Ctrl+K on PC) to scale the scanned image to the right size.

In my opinion, its better to get a digital landscape drawing instead of the scanned one you have. Gives more precise results afterwards.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice,
the actual length i calculate is 15240mm
And i use 'm' and measured it is 21784,
i went into resize options, it shows 1:XX , XX:1, XXX%
What numbers do i have to fill in for them?
adzik
Newcomer
When you get the Resize screen, just put a tick in front of "Define graphically" and hit OK. Then just draw a line over the line you measured and enter the value you calculated. Should becorrect.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sweet! i got it
thanks Adzik