BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Making stuff visible on other plans!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some walls I would like to seen in the upper plans. With slabs or meshs thats easy, there's an option where you can select what you want to make visible on other plans. As for walls, this does'nt happen. What should I do?

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
adzik
Newcomer
One way is to create "dummy walls" with a height of 0.0 meters on the story you want them floor plan that you want to show them.

You can also just draw the walls with lines/fills.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
in.volve:

You will need to familiarize your self with the Floor Plan Cut Plane, this is the method Graphisoft has developed for showing walls (and other elements) accurately on multiple floors. The wall Floor Plan Display will need to be set to something rather than Symbolic, the settings you need depend on what you are trying to achieve, the Floor Plan Cut Plane is a cut through the plan like a section is a vertical cut through the model.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I work with the portuguese version so I try to translate menu names as best as I can! Where can I find (in what menu) the"Floor Plan Cut Plane"? I refuse to believe that the best way to this is creating dumy walls! Why is'nt it like the slab tool?
Karl Ottenstein
adzik wrote:
One way is to create "dummy walls" with a height of 0.0 meters on the story you want them floor plan that you want to show them.

You can also just draw the walls with lines/fills.
Very strongly advise against using this 'solution'! Zero height walls cause export problems with Artlantis and perhaps other software.

Floor Plan Cut Plane, or stacked drawings, are recommended solutions.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help guys!

I made it through "Floor Plan Cut Plan", it looks great now!

Thanks again!
adzik
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
Very strongly advise against using this 'solution'! Zero height walls cause export problems with Artlantis and perhaps other software.

Floor Plan Cut Plane, or stacked drawings, are recommended solutions.

Karl
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the tip 😉
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Learn and get certified!