BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Not enough memory - Rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Guys.
Whenever i try to render a picture on ArchiCAD it says not enough memory to render then i have to press ok . Sometimes then it will render, other times it wont.
Then when i try to create a fly-through it will do that for every couple of image and i cant seem to make any movies!!!!
The computer has very good capacity/memory etc.
Can anyone help me please? I need to get some rendering doneeee!
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry guys i just found a related topic
Anonymous
Not applicable
But we still need help anyone have ideaS?
Karl Ottenstein
If you found related topics, then you know that you have not provided any information that will help anyone to provide you with a solution.

Post your version of AC, your OS, computer specs, video driver specs, and perhaps even the result of running Polycount (download from Help > Goodies) on your file...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
there is few things i do in this situation.

1. try ticking the box "Get Model Data While Rendering" in the lightworks settings dialog.

2. try and marquee the "field of vision" of the render

3. try filtering objects in 3D, for instance you may only need to see the 3rd floor so you can filter the other ones out (to do this use the "filter objects in 3D" tool)

3. hide complex objects like tree's, or you can just turn down the curve resolution of certain objects that are far away.

4. look for a simpler solution to lighting the environment, more lights=more memory required

Adon
Learn and get certified!