Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

story elevation @ 913'

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project where the existing lower floor elevation is 913'. How can I set my story elevation to match the survey info ?

I try doing it but it defaults to 10' only.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Generally, you should use reference levels for this.

For example, if under Options > Project Peferences > Working Units and Levels you set one of the user-defined levels to be -913, then when you place a level dimension on a slab that is at project zero, you can select the dimension text and change it to 'autotext' and select your reference level - and the result will be relative to that reference level - thus showing 913' as in the screenshot rather then 0' (project-relative). This same trick works with story-level markers in sections/elevations (thank you Link!).

In preferences, type in whatever text name is meaningful to you. I typed "Actual base elev" here and that name shows up in the autotext popup shown. But, you'll note that the actual autotext shown in the Info Box says <toL1value> - the internal name for that level.

(Note - if you are new - that you should use gravity when placing level dimension as seen in the screenshot so that the dimension associates with the top of a slab (slab gravity), roof, or mesh.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

So that method does not effect the elevation in story settings ? I tried it and it seems to not affect it at all. So do you set the story elevation one way and the working units/levels another way ?
Karl Ottenstein
tan wrote:
So that method does not effect the elevation in story settings ? I tried it and it seems to not affect it at all. So do you set the story elevation one way and the working units/levels another way ?
Yes. The story settings are relative to project zero and the reference levels allow you to specify heights relative to any other datum...and to report those heights as well.

When you model walls (e.g. - available with all tools), you can enter the base relative to a story, project zero, or one of the reference levels [screenshot]. But, the project-relative (e.g., story settings relative) position is the default displayed by all tools and dimensions without an extra step.

Karl
Picture 1.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Shorter
Advisor
Its also because you are trying to change the elevation of the story instead of adjusting the heigh to next
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone