BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC12 Crashing in Detail window. teamwork file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

we've just installed AC12 this week and are already having problems - I'm working on a teamwork file and it keeps crashing. am working in a 2d independent detail window and it's crashed 2 or 3 times whilst doing minor tasks - e.g dragging copy of a text box, drawing an empty fill, etc. anyone else having problems here? might be a graphics card issue? colleague has reported deleting elements and a 'ghost' of the element remains afterwards.

(ignore signature specs - have changed offices) specs on CURRENT machine:

Dual 2 Ghz PPC G5
2.5Gb DDR2 SD Ram

Graphics card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600LE:

Chipset Model: GeForce 6600LE
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
Slot: SLOT-1
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0142
Revision ID: 0x00a4
ROM Revision: 2149
Displays:
SDM-HS75:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Display:

any ideas? solutions? commiserations? (wait for the patch? )
cheers..
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I assume everyone accessing the file is on 12. Everyone on Mac? You're on PPC - are some MacTel? Anyone on Windows?

Were ALL linked files (hotlinked modules, linked drawings) converted to 12 before the project was re-shared as a TW project? Or...is this a fresh project started in 12 and not accessing any prior files?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Karl

No, it's pretty straight forward - there's currently only 2 people working on the teamwork file - both on PPC macs, same specs for both. there are no modules, though there are some PDF's and images within some of the drawings as reference etc - dunno if they could be causing problems?

What I think is most likely is that it has or *had* something to do with the Advanced Redraw Options (New in AC12 I think - in W.E under More Options) - I took off 2D antialiasing and it hasn't crashed since. Not sure if I've just been lucky and another crash is pending, but as it was crashing every 15 minutes or so this morning, I've not had a crash since I changed the 2d option at about 1pm or so. The image quality isn't as good obviously - text tends to look very pixellated - but it's better than crashing all the time.

anyway, I hope it's resolved for now, but will post again if there's continued problems.

regards

Mark RR

Karl Ottenstein
Mark wrote:
What I think is most likely is that it has or *had* something to do with the Advanced Redraw Options (New in AC12 I think - in W.E under More Options) - I took off 2D antialiasing and it hasn't crashed since. Not sure if I've just been lucky and another crash is pending, but as it was crashing every 15 minutes or so this morning, I've not had a crash since I changed the 2d option at about 1pm or so. The image quality isn't as good obviously - text tends to look very pixellated - but it's better than crashing all the time.
Glad you figured out a possible workaround, Mark...and that your setup is so simple, so maybe GS can think of some other cause.

During beta, I seem to recall some people having issues with the 2D hardware acceleration, but not with the 2D antialiasing. I'm curious if you check both antialiasing boxes again, and move the 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration slider to the 'off' position if that also fixes your crashing, yet gives you sharper screen quality. (On my machine, I really have not noticed any difference with the acceleration on or off.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!