BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Is Roof Surfacer gone in AC12??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks...

I'm in the process of switching our office over to R12 from R9. I did a search of the forum before asking this...

What happened to the roof surfacer??!!

We need that thing back! About 75% percent of our jobs have pan & barrel tile roofs, and we made extensive use of the 'Italian tiles' roof surfacer (which was close enough to look good on elevations and in sections).

Can we buy this somewhere? I'm not looking forward to writing code for that.

Thanks,

Dave Sanders
12 REPLIES 12
__archiben
Booster
Thomas wrote:
For what damages does Graphisoft accept liabilties when you use Archicad without Goodies?
you know as well as i do that software developers never accept any liability whatsoever. i was talking mainly about support.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Thomas Holm
Booster
~/archiben wrote:
Thomas wrote:
For what damages does Graphisoft accept liabilties when you use Archicad without Goodies?
you know as well as i do that software developers never accept any liability whatsoever. i was talking mainly about support.
Sorry, I should have guessed that, but the quoted paragraph doesn't mention support, only liabilities. I agree they take less responsibility for supporting the Goodies. Still, they're updating them for every new release of the main program. Some of them still have some needed functionality. The line is blurred.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Barry Kelly
Thomas wrote:
Still, they're updating them for every new release of the main program.
And they automatically update with the hotfixes if you have them installed.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!