BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Limitations of Archicas 12 student version...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm about to begin my diploma in architecture after finishing my first placement year and am looking forward to returning to using Archicad as the practice I was at used MicroGDS ...

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what limitations the student version of Archicad 12 entails an if the plugins for c4d are available free to students.

Look forward to picking some of the more advanced users brains over the next couple of years!

Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mark,

How's old Pompey? I haven't been back since I left Uni myself a few years ago. Is Portland building still looking good?

Anyway, enough reminiscing about the good old days!, I believe the functionality of the EDU version is identical to the full commercial, but everything produced will have a watermark/logo in the corner on it. You can also open full commercial files with the EDU and vice versa, but the file will be permanently EDU watermarked when saved.

Here's a good place to start for further info-

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/education/students/

This page for AC 10 also has some relevant info -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Archicad_10/Version_summary?highlight=%28student%29

Regarding the C4D plugin, I don't think it is available yet for AC12. I assume when released it would be compatible with the student version? Perhaps someone else could confirm?

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/solutions/cinema4d_download.html

Best of luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,

Pompey is as lovely as she ever was, well parts are anyway if you know what I mean... As for that beacon of hope and light that is Portland building, well its been covered in scaffolding for as long as I care to remember now and still works like a greenhouse in the summer. Seriously, room 3.42 is like an oven...a 3 hour history lecture in there is just plain wrong!

Anyways, thanks for the quick reply and the information you provided. It is very much appreciated. Will have to keep an eye out for the cd4 plugin...

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the student version also lacks the teamwork functions and may not support hotlinks.
__archiben
Booster
mark44 wrote:
Seriously, room 3.42 is like an oven...a 3 hour history lecture in there is just plain wrong!
ha ha! surely not if it's peter hodson giving it . . . ?!
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha, very true, you always geta good laugh in his lectures.

The man speaks the truth. Legend.
hodders.jpg
__archiben
Booster
mark44 wrote:
Legend.
know what? i've got that very same photo! piazza navona, 1993
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't tell me your a Pompey alumnus also, Ben? It's a small world isn't it!

Peter Hodson, I remember him well! What a legend! I think I did history of modern architecture with him.

Jay Potts was head of school when I was there, another legend! He first introduced me to ArchiCAD 6.0 and taught it for a couple of years. Genuinely nice guy and very passionate about CAD also. I thick he left shortly after I did.
__archiben
Booster
Peter wrote:
Jay Potts was head of school when I was there...
jay and wendy. richard weston was head of school when i started, but he bankrupted us with his hair-brained insanity. or spent it on publishing another glossy book. wendy took over.

jay showed us archicad 3-point-something in my first year: built a wee scene, combined it with macromedia director and bounced a ball through it. my eyes popped out of my head. and now i battle this bloody software on a daily basis.

if only i could turn back the clock . . . that's one lecture i wish i'd missed. i tried to compensate by spending as much time as i could at the ministry of coincidences with d ick, dori, nigel and roger, but the computers got me in the end . . .
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear oh dear...archicad 3?..is that the drawing board version?.. I seriously wish they would show us some cad at university, everything we know we had to teach ourselves.

Tod Wakefield is head of year now and seems a decent chap. Sadly we have lost Dr. Dick...he was my tutor in the first year and probably the best one I have ever had. We still have Hodson and Martin Pierce to keep us entertained and if by Roger you mean Roger Tyrell then he is now in charge of the Diploma course which I think bodes well for the next few years. I love how you can never get a straight answer from him...

It's nice to see a little ex-pompey community on here! By the way Ben, how did you manage to get over to NewZealand?.. Its a place I'd love to live in a few years time. Is it difficult to find work out there and to gain entry?..

Cheers guys.
Learn and get certified!