Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

CPRISM_ status codes in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Folks,

Here's a puzzler (at least for me)..

I have a few custom door panels made of butted together CPRISM_ 'planks'. In AC9 sections (which I also used for elevations), the seperate planks were always distinct in the section / elevation views... i.e. you could see the 'cracks' between the planks.

Same objects in AC12 have all the cracks 'healed' (resulting in the door looking like a simple, monolithic panel). I looked in the AC12 GDL manual and see they've changed the status code syntax for prisms. My old parts use the code '15' to show all faces and edges of prisms... even if they are adjoining.

The other annoying consequence of this is that double door assemblies don't show the joint between the two panels at the center of the opening.

Any ideas how to remedy this? I need this info ASAP, as I'm in charge of repairing an AC12 project botched by a sloppy draftsman, and have to get it done quick. Chasing down all these little nuances with the new version is killing me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
14 REPLIES 14
__archiben
Booster
Dave wrote:
You have access to a free home-cooked meal by my dear wife of 20 years if you are ever in the Orange County, CA area.
that sounds good to me!

(glad it worked - it was only a shot in the dark on my part )

cheers
b
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just wanted to chime in...

I just created some custom panels using slabs. My technique has always been to leave a little gap in between the boards. Here I was able to back up these boards with a solid panel of a darker material to really accentuate the gaps.

I am not scripting these, just slabify.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane,

Yeah... you're doing it 'right'... I'm rightfully humbled.

And of course, we all know Dwight would kick our butts for having no bevel on our boards!!

BUT... Ben's fix DID work. Two keystrokes!! Whooooeeee!!!!!

What I've learned:

1. The FPRISM fix on the garage door worked, and DOES look awesome. Also negates use of special bump map for the planks at rendering time.
Dwight is right... The more realistic the better.

2. Duane's option yields almost as awesome results with a way lower polygon count. Something to consider.

3. Ben's solution got me out of the jam. Also, solves the global problem of no seperation line in double leaf doors. Gotta' look at more of those registry options... this could be exciting.

Thanks guys.. this solved a lot of problems. I'll be implementing ALL the above techniques in the future. You're all good eggs.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just food for thought....

If you want the BEVELs, you could use CUSTOM PROFILED walls instead of slabs as you're creating the custom door panel...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Dwight
Newcomer
Sound's like a woodworker's lament:

"My level has gone dead,
My hammer is in the shed,
MY truck is not a [built tough] Ford,
And there's no bevel on my board"