Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

hi, to everyone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi friends
This is Rose Thomas. 25 years of age. An architect. from India.
My firm has started working with archicad for the past 6 months. And already i have so many things that i need a solution for .
But Before that i would want you all to know my relation with architcad.Our firms name is STUDIO"Architecture" i am a patner.we brought two licence version of Archicad 9 two years back. with in a months time we were tied up by all the limitations. for eg.frames of windows ..... (in india the parameters are slightly different)......there are many things like wise...... so we approached the archicad base office in Mumbai.They Showed us Archicad 11 ....which in a way solved some of our problems. But again we got stuck .....and now after six months i am going for a tutions for the same. which is only helping me for my basic understanding.....and to top all this now we using archicad educational version. the people who teach me tell me Add-ons don't work on a educational version. but for all that i want to create (like a organic form..... or a free flowing structure) it needs Add- ons. i need help. i do see archicad has our next platform. but its be a struggle to get it started. is there any way i can work with education version and create what i want.
Awaiting your reply
Rose
10 REPLIES 10
Dwight
Newcomer
If you are working commercially with the educational version then, shame on you.
The educational version is intended for student to learn with and when you finally move to the real version, none of the files you are making now can be used.

Organic forms can be made in Archicad, with limitations, by combining mesh, arches, Solid Element Operations and complex profile walls - all of which are in the basic tools.

Archicad coordinates well with Maxon's Cinema 4D [yes, yet another $$$ application] for those impossible, organic forms all naive beginners seek to create until they meet up with the quantity surveyor.

If you post a sketch of what you are after to the forum, members WILL guide you.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry i forgot, i got in touch with educational version becose i am doing my maters also...................and also its kind of expensive .so we thought of seeing how much it can help so that it will help collect that much of a finacial support. i didnot mean to offend in any way...sorry for that. ya i will surely do that i will post what.thx you very much.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you help in also tell me the diffrence between the two.i mean commerical and educational
Dwight
Newcomer
I'm not sure. I think the educational version works with crayon sets, not pen sets.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am sorry,i have not quit understood that.
Dwight
Newcomer
It is a joke.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
good one ................... .thx.
vistasp
Advisor
Rose, apart from the fact that using the edu version for commercial work is illegal, it should also cause you embarrassment.

You see, the edu version inserts a logo (not removable by any means) that will show up in ALL your printouts. You can read more on the AC Wiki (scroll down to the part about compatibility).

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Archicad_10/Version_summary

If you're having trouble getting productive with AC, then tutorials are a great idea. BTW, what are they costing you guys?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dwight wrote:
I'm not sure. I think the educational version works with crayon sets, not pen sets.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"