BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Opening orientation question

adzik
Newcomer
Hei,

when I started to write this post I wanted to ask about a different thing in schedules but I managed to come up with the answer myself. So a little change of topic.

I have customised my template for the schedule, translated the term into estonian, but now I'm stuck because I would want to translate the opening orientation values into estonian as well, because left/right is far from the terms in estonian.

So does anybody know if and how I could do that?

TIA
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
18 REPLIES 18
adzik
Newcomer
Nevermind, found the answer on ArchicadWiki:

Window/door opening orientation

Type: string
Possible length: max. 31 characters
Returns in the list a string corresponding to the orientation of the Window/Door (L – left, R – right, or any other custom value). This value can be set in the ‘Orientation Displaying’ portion of the Details Subdialog of the Library Part Editor when a Window/Door is open for editing.

Source: http://www.archicadwiki.com/ListingParameters?highlight=(CategoryCalculation)#Window.2BAC8-dooropeni...

---

Now another problem: the value show up correctly but the 3D front view of the left-handed and right-handed door are the same i.e. as if they both were left-handed.

Ideas?
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post an image of how the schedule looks at this point, pointing out the problematic area?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
adzik
Newcomer
Here you go
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
First check that the two Doors actually have different looks in 3D, because the Listing function basically generate a 3D and puts it there.
So my first guess is that their 3D may be the same although this parameter of theirs is different.
adzik
Newcomer
I'm not sure I follow you correctly.

How can the 3D front view be the same if their orientation is different?

Before changing the value the front views worked. The situation in the posted jpg only appeared after changing the values and not only on that particular door but on all the doors with changed values.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
adzik wrote:
I'm not sure I follow you correctly.

How can the 3D front view be the same if their orientation is different?
By a bug. I was asking this to check whether the object is incorrectly programmed.
Before changing the value the front views worked. The situation in the posted jpg only appeared after changing the values and not only on that particular door but on all the doors with changed values.
Changing what value? Did you change a parameter? Or some setting in the listing Dialog?
adzik
Newcomer
Only changed whats in the red area.
SU-6 problem 2.jpg
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I get it.
Now, what I am asking is this.
Let us say you a a Wall, there are two Doors in it. Place one Door, then copy it, and mirror this second Door created. In 3D this will result in one being right-oriented, the other being left-oriented.
Now, list these two Doors and see if the data displayed matches their orientations in the 3D Window.
adzik
Newcomer
No, it doesn't match.

Check jpg.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Learn and get certified!