BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Logitech zoom wheel uncontrollable on screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought a Logitech wireless laser keyboard and mouse and discovered the drawing developed a mind of its own. My preference with zooming and panning is the mouse wheel but the drawing would zoom for a bit and then pan around uncontrollably. My IT man told me that Logitech software thinks differently to the humble Microsoft generic unit and suggested uninstalling the software supplied by Logitech. Guess what? Yes back to normal again.
Hope this helps?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Normal Logitech behaviour since the invention ot the scroll-wheel!
Just press Control while scrolling! I do it automatically nowadays! Works for Autocad too!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, it caught me by surprise but now at least I don`t need 2 hands with the Logitech software uninstalled. The mouse and keyboard seem to operate quite normally. I`ll keep it simple until at least my employer`s systems are updated to match mine.
cheers kliment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Logitech mice work fine with Windows drivers as long as you donot need to assign different functions to the buttons. Then you have to use the Logi driver.
Anonymous
Not applicable
the problem is if I uninstall logitech driver my wheel will just scroll, but I can forget middle button option (read pan). I have logitech MX revolution.

Problem with ctrl is that if I want to copy something I press ctrl+D and then ctrl or alt+ctrl to switch from drag to copy. Many times I need to zoom in to precisely specify copy spot, and then if I press ctrl+scroll wheel to zoom in it switches from copy to drag, which is annoying.

What actually is ctrl+scroll wheel? I wonder what's the name of that option? Maybe I could customize the uberoptions driver for my mouse if possible.

http://www.mstarmetro.net/~rlowens/uberOptions/
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had to take my Logitech keyboard and mouse in for repairs just yesterday. The cursor was starting to slow down and eventually it disappeared. Then the keyboard just stopped communicating. I then put $10oz worth of new batteries and it didn`t fix it. I`m beginning to think they should have stopped at gaming devices. My Nascar wheel functions great but I haven`t had time to use it anyway because of work commitments and no I don`t work for Logitech opposition either; just hate it when "machines" waste my time

I will advise of the outcome.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a Logitech VX Revolution mouse for notebooks two days ago. Really a nice mouse! I had Logitech CordlessClick!Plus Optical mouse before it, but it had to be retired after 2 years of service. With honours!

1. You have to install the Logitech SetPoint driver in order to be able to use the other buttons. And that is why you bought this expensive mouse - to have more buttons! I know the driver *sucks*, but there is nothing better. Microsoft mice have a wonderful driver but are not so good as mice! I bought another one three days ago!

2. For the Middle button select: Other/Select Function/Middle button. This way you can Pan.

3. For Zooming - press Ctrl while zooming with the Scroll-wheel or the drawing will run away!

4. You cannot assign other functions to the Right and Left Buttons. You could do this 5 years ago with the ordinary Logitech mice which cost less than 10 euro! Life in unfair!

mzex said:
and then if I press ctrl+scroll wheel to zoom in it switches from copy to drag, which is annoying.
Yes, it is! You will get used to it! By the way, change "Ctrl+D" to just "D" - much better!

MY ZORBA said:
My Nascar wheel functions great but I haven`t had time to use it anyway because of work commitments.
Have you tried the Nascar wheel with the Explore Model mode?
Anonymous
Not applicable
When will GS fix issue with this mouses ????????

Its a shame that i have expensive mouse and i cant zoom and this makes me nervos and angry all the time cos i need to press ctrl button to do this simple operation.
Can slide bars be desibled or what ever but plz fix this anoying bug

Plz support this topic logitech users !
Karl Ottenstein
Necko,

I've moved your post to this old topic - one of dozens discussing Logitech mice. Nothing new in your message over old responses on these forums: the Logitech mouse issue is Logitech's problem, not Graphisoft's.

[One of the behaviors that Necko is mentioning is that when you roll the wheel, it both zooms and pans at the same time, as the Logitech driver causes the scrollbars to be triggered. The other in this thread is that you cannot just press the wheel down to pan, but must hold the ctrl key (windows) at the same time.]

That said, on Windows, when I had a Logitech laser mouse, disabling the SetPoint driver gave me normal middle button (wheel) behavior.

On Mac, with a cordless MX Revolution laser (warranty replacement for prior MX) everything works perfectly using the SteerMouse driver ($20) that was recommended to me Eduardo Rolon in another thread. I'm extremely happy with the performance of this mouse in ArchiCAD.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The most current Setpoint solves the middle button zoom problem now.
Learn and get certified!