Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

How do I question on Markers for doors and windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

1) How do I rotate the text on a door and window marker? Is it possible?
I have created markers on the floor plan, but unfortunately Archicad has rotated the text in the markers so that they are vertically aligned on the plan , and need to be read from left and right???
There doesn't appear to be any option to just rotate text?

2) Having created those door and window markers on the floor plan, how do I get them appearing on Elevations and possibly sections? Is this possible easily?

Thanks in advance.
dmac
14 REPLIES 14
Erika Epstein
Booster
1. On the Dimension Marker tab in the door or window settings box under MARKER OPTIONS > MARKER DIRECTION you have a choice of standard, Horizontal or Vertical. Sounds like yours is set to 'Standard'.

2. this is a Model View option, saved with each view.
DOCUMENT>SET MODEL VIEW
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,

Thanks for your help.
However, In
Window/Door Selection Settings->Dimension Marker-> Marker Options
I cannot see anything called marker direction on my Student version?
There are 7 values in my version none off which mention direction?
For point 2, I have set the Model View to Building Plans Markers, and it still doesn't display the markers on the section view?
I cannot create a document smaller than 15Kb to illustrate my problem.

Thanks,
Dmac
Anonymous
Not applicable
Door and window markers do not show in section/elevation views. You can use the label tool to place markers that will display the door/windows' IDs. The trick is having labels that look like your door and window markers.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dmac,
See the screenshot. Not all markers may have the same options. Note that there are two tabs relating to Marker settings.

You can easily create a Screenshot using the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard.
Then paste (ctrl V) into any photo editor. If you don't have a photo program like photoshop, on pcs they all come with PAINT. You can find that under
START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>PAINT

SAVE AS and choose jpg, that's usually small enough to post.

See next post for point 2
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Regarding point 2, unfortunately the MVO for having door/window markers does not work. Instead use your label tool.
Open your section
Select your windows and check the LABEL ELEMENTS box.
Select the labels that show up on your s/e and change them to WINDOW LABEL see screen shot.
Like the marker choices,
-choose the GEOMETRY (circle, hexagon etc.)
-check the USE SYMBOL ARROW; since the door/window markers don't have arrows, check this so they won't show
-set scale sensitive text to OFF

HTH
door and window labels in section elevation windows.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika, Mathew,
Many thanks for all your help.
I seem to be restricted to a uploading files of less than 15kb.
It is about impossible to make any image less than that.
Perhaps as a guest, I get restricted to 15kb?
My version of D Marker 11 only has 1 Marker Text option, not 2.
And there is definitely no marker direction. Are you sure you can do this on AC11?
I shall try your option about Labels.
However are there Label markers that display an item ref, and the page number below it, as per the LACS documentation system?
More Thanks.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In AC12 this can all be handled by the label. That is, the label can show in section/elevation and in plan. You don't even need a marker as such.

The mechanics are still really flakey (it has to be activated for each viewpoint, the parameter is called 'Hide Marker on Plan (why plan?), the door label seems to turn off, the door/window label settings can't be accessed from the door/window tool, etc. But at least it gets the job done.

Hopefully GS will improve on it and do away with Markers altogether.

Cheers,
Link.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Link wrote:
In AC12 this can all be handled by the label. That is, the label can show in section/elevation and in plan. You don't even need a marker as such.

Which Label are you talking about Link? The Label that Erika is showing isn't in the NZ version
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Brett wrote:
Which Label are you talking about Link? The Label that Erika is showing isn't in the NZ version
I'm on AC12 INT 2224, so it shouldn't be much different from yours.

Picture's worth a thousand words...

Cheers,
Link.
Door Label.jpg