Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing Portions of Vectorial 3D Hatching

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using Ac10, I have two Elevation views that have portions of Vectorial 3D Hatching missing. Any Help would be appreciated.

Missing Hatch.JPG
33 REPLIES 33
Karl Ottenstein
A wild guess: two walls occupying the same physical space?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not so Wild, that was my first "guess" also. My only Wild guess is that is has to do with the walls having different start elevations. This house, like many has a step in the Floor plan. These steps are almost always present in the Pony level wall framing due to most of the constructi0n being on sloped lots. I still have not been able to quite get the grasp on the Floor Plan Cut Plane in these cases, while this may not be associated to the current problem. I have seen alot of strange things with the FPCP. Here is an old post.
Missing Hatch-2.JPG
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I have seen this problem before and traced it back to the SEO.

Maybe, try undoing it or replacing the wall and doing the SEO again.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Lower wall has no SEO. I will try replacing the other.

Here is another section that has been having problems and I replaced the wall on this wall previously, and got no change.

Also strange thing with this file is that every time a create a Mesh to represent the Site, after some time the mesh is somehow removed from the file.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Have had similar problems. Sometimes will reappear if reboot computer. Maybe video card gets tired.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tom wrote:
Have had similar problems. Sometimes will reappear if reboot computer. Maybe video card gets tired.
Or maybe video card gets overheated.

Only slightly related, but:
Recently, we had a computer in the office crashing, hanging, misbehaving, we were mostly working in AC so we thought it was related.
At the end it turned out the ventilation of the computer case was poor and the power supply of the computer was about to fail.
I think it is increasingly a valid point to check the computer case and power and ventilation if strange crashes and hangs occurs because today's CPU consume about 100 Watts, some of those top of the line graphics cards consume even more than that so this can be a problem if nothing else solves it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay.
I can tell from the content of your posts that you have way more
experience than I, (and I'm sure you have thought of it),upgrading to 12?
I just had so many more problems with my older video card and in general with 10/11 that when I got 12 I was absolutely overjoyed to see all kinds of things in AC worked better.
Laszlo; My video card can also overheat, on hot days and instantly I get a completely black screen. (scary).
Hopefully the new machine I'm just finishing up setting up won't do that!
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Opened the file on an older laptop (Sager 4780-V Notebook; 1G Ram and a ATI Radeon with 128 MB.) The "missing" Hatch is also happening on this computer. notice that the Missing Hatch is between Story levels.

So it is not the computer, at least I think. By the way my new system, Dell Precision M90 Laptop 4GB RAM with a Nvidia Quadro FX 2500M with 512 MB has a "choppy" Open GL view compared to the older Sager. This is mentioned here, if any care to comment.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Jay, does it make a difference if you substitute a different fill?
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.