BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Joining Slanted walls to perpendicular walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know how to join slanted walls (with parallel surfaces) with perpendicular (straight) walls. Please see screen shot. I can get one wall to join, on the left, but not the one on the right. Is it a wall priority thing? I have tried having the walls start at the same height and increasing the priority of the slanted wall but nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance.

JoiningWalls.gif
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
How did you create the sloping wall? Did you set the Wall Complexity to slanted in the Wall Settings or did you use a Complex Profile?

You should have more luck with the former method, but the wall intersection priority numbers will have to match and their reference lines will need to intersect, as always.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Link,

Slanting wall made in wall settings and reference lines intersect. The reference lines change at the correct end to mitre properly but at the other end they dont mitre properly. Same lines, fil, etc, in each joining wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have included a plan shot of the wall. The walls go right through and connect with the outside reference lines of the intersecting walls but only the one on the top of the page connects properly. Strange.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes. If you'd like to upload a module of them, maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link,

Module File attached. I can send an archive file to an email address if that is better. Let me know if you want it sent somewhere else.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just select the two walls and hit Intersect.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

So simple.

Cheers,
Learn and get certified!