Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

window/door associated "size" label

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been searching through different section here and other AC forums, places, for the concept of associative labels for AC and yet all the articles I have found seem to be quite old. Even great "Onland" article date is 2004 and (no object download that I could find).
Does someone know of associative object size (dimension) labels that work in plan and also show in elevation AC 12? I know it can do the id#s, but that’s not what I want.
Especially interested in Door and Window plan “label” (see image) (SIZE) being seen in PLAN & ELEVATION, only setting it ONCE.

A legend is ok as reference for more data, but floor plans/elevations being “size-taged” makes for a lot
less mistakes when visualizing, ordering and placing specialized and expensive items like doors and windows.

It may be simple by now (12), but I'm not getting it.
Even after also reading our wonderful manual?
If not stock way, location of “smart” label object that will do this, I can purchase?
Thanks
Bier

Window label.png
13 REPLIES 13
Djordje
Ace
Use Object Label, they don't have the leader lines.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
im also interested in this... along with getting the tags to be HxW, not WxH..? (in AC12)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, Thanks for your reply.
Would you be so kind as to tell me where that is?
I have tried searching for that description, "Object label" and so far nothing has shown up. Is this a generic term, or is it a specific AC label that can be attached to doors and windows, for plan and elevation; and maybe other objects?

Obviously, labels are new to me.
Thanks
Bier
Djordje
Ace
Bier wrote:
Djordje, Thanks for your reply.
Would you be so kind as to tell me where that is?
I have tried searching for that description, "Object label" and so far nothing has shown up. Is this a generic term, or is it a specific AC label that can be attached to doors and windows, for plan and elevation; and maybe other objects?

Obviously, labels are new to me.
Thanks
Bier
In an elevation, select all the windows, open the window settings, under Listing and Labeling check the Label objects box. You can do this from the Info box too.

Labels will appear on all the windows.

Then, select all labels, open label settings. The default label is text, the flyout on the upper right. Change to Object label. Close settings. Open them again, in the bottom is the Object label settings tab. Open it and set the parameters as you like (label shape, what is shown in the label, pens, text sizes - label outlines adjust to text size), click OK.

You should have all the windows labelled as you like. Save ther Favourite for the label, in order to re-use later.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again Djordje
That's now got me on the path.
Looks like another big dimly lit "room" in
AC I need to explore.
Bier
Djordje
Ace
Bier wrote:
Thanks again Djordje
That's now got me on the path.
Looks like another big dimly lit "room" in
AC I need to explore.
Bier
Caverns, not rooms Speleology
Djordje

HP Omen
JaredBanks
Mentor
Using the label tool on windows in elevation has always driven me crazy. I want the label's default position to be in the center of the window. I can only ever get it to appear in the bottom corner or some distance directly above/below. Any help? (V11).
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
JaredBanks
Mentor
So if I place the label as a linked label (instead of by checking the label elements button on the window) and click on the bottom center of the window AND set the offset of the label right, I get what I'm looking for. Is there a better way?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. I set the parameters of geometry, turned off the symbol arrow of the label and saved it to Favorites to use it on other window/door, but every time I use it, the symbol arrow appears on new W/D.

2. Is it possible to make my label as a default in new project?
q4.jpg

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!