BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Drawing Title: Graphic Scale has funny fill?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used the drawing title "Title with Drawing No 12" (or whatever it's called... a stock drawing title) several times, but in one file the fill in the graphic scale is not solid. I've poked around the settings for a while and haven't been able to find where to change the fill for the graphic scale... anyone have any ideas what I can change to fix this?

It's currently showing as something speckled... Concrete? Stucco? Sand? Not 100% (which is what I'd prefer, thanks).

I'd also like to be able to change the font of the graphic scale, but don't think that's as possible... but if anyone knows how, I'd take that advice.

Thank you for any insight you can lend...
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is probably an attributes issue: the attributes (namely, the Fill Types indexes) are not what this object is expecting when, I think it think it is referencing some solid fill.
Check to see if the object has a parameter you can set to rectify this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jocelyn:

I do not see any title in the ArchiCAD 12 Library that has an option for showing a graphic scale. What is the exact name of this part?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Chazz
Enthusiast
It's there. It's just, like so many other things in AC, buried under the leaf litter of a thousand obscure settings and parameters. At least on the US version. The example below is from NCS Drawing Title 12.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Chazz
Enthusiast
Jocelyn wrote:
It's currently showing as something speckled... Concrete? Stucco? Sand? Not 100% (which is what I'd prefer, thanks).
Works here. When I explode the title part, the scale bar resolves (not surprisingly) to little chunks of "Solid Fill" I'd say the ever-helpful Laszlo is on the right track. One way to test his hypothesis is to look at other library parts that you know used to have Solid Fill. If they have gone speckley then the issue is probably with the Fills assignment.

On another recent post it was suggested that this can happen after importing an Autocad file and accepting the new fills in that file. This can also screw up your ArchiCAD layer, apparently. Basically, this whole problem appears to be a software STD and as such you need to take appropriate precautions (especially when it comes to drawings titled Rear Elevation). Be careful who you exchange drawings with and use prophylaxis at all times....
Graphic scale.png
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo - this sounds intriguing... There aren't any parameters in the drawing (and then the title tab) selection information to change fills. But I can see how the script may say "fill 42" or whatever, and the fill attributes are set differently than originally programmed....... ?

David - The "Title with Layout No 12" has, under the "additional info" bit (not, as one might assume, the "scale" part) in the parameters, the option to show a graphic scale (see Chazz'z pic).

Chazz - I can see where you're coming from, but.... This was a fresh-built file started from nearly zero. New File>Use Latest Project Settings, and I'm the only one to have worked in it. And I'm fairly certain that the latest project had solid fills in the graphic scale.

The graphic scale library part is also filled funny (it's durock, apparently)... I tried changing the attributes there, in case the title object used the graphic scale object from the library. It didn't seem to work for either existing instances or newly added drawings, and was not attribute-transferrable. This does seem to argue for the fill-mapping error... Any idea how to fix that part?

Thanks for your ideas thus far...

Edit: On second thought, nevermind. Before we put out this (tiny) project, I'm just gonna fill the graphic scales in properly manually. So far it's just this one file, and I've only got one sheet (maybe 2 by the time we're done), so screw it. If this happens again, tho, I'm repopping this thread. Thanks again guys.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jocelyn wrote:
Chazz - I can see where you're coming from, but.... This was a fresh-built file started from nearly zero. New File>Use Latest Project Settings, and I'm the only one to have worked in it. And I'm fairly certain that the latest project had solid fills in the graphic scale.
If you Use Latest Project Settings, that is not a fresh start because you continue using the attribute settings of the previous file that was open just before that, which file can contain references to attributes that are totally different from the default ArchiCAD attribute assignments. However, all ArchiCAD default library elements refer to attributes the way they are in a Template file.
A fresh start would be to use a Template coming with ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!