Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall in ArchiCAD 12 - examples

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

Here is a nice example for the creative use of ArchiCAD 12’s Curtain Wall tool from James Bowers of Bermello, Ajamil and Partners, Miami, FL. If you have similar examples, please post it in this thread. We would be happy to feature some of the best on graphisoft.com.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
36 REPLIES 36
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Brett wrote:
Mats, I congratulate you on your effects for your local users.

When I say Graphisoft I meant Headquarters.

Unfortunately I know subsidiarys make a lot of income from live Training and that probably hampers the making of Training videos.

Why so coy about Upgrade costs? Subs here are not a lot cheaper, especially compared to the US. I was told that European counties have an even larger upgrade price than us. Was just trying to confirm this.

Cheers
Eye No about GS HQ vs subs...😉

live Training + vids is the right way IMHO (engineers being in general muuuch sharper with their tools...toolwise that is...)

I bought a Pansonic LX3 yesterday for 510 euro and I was so happy so I posted on a photoforum and also wrote what I paid for it and the other camera nuts from other countries just thought I was writing the wrong numbers, so big was the difference... I wanted the thing...so...

Back2work!
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
While I agree ArchiCAD is seriously lacking in video tutorials, especially with new tools such as this curtain wall.

But nothing, and I do mean nothing, can compare to just sitting down infront of your computer and trying things on your own. Good ole trial and error.

James did this project over the course of a 3 day weekend and has limited experience in ArchiCAD, and zero working experience with the curtain wall tool before this.

You will be amazed at what you can do if you just set forth the time to actually try and do it.
Rakela Raul
Participant
what kind of project is that Rory ?
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
It was just a small house in Mexico that James designed. He decided to use the curtain wall tool (trying to test its limits) to add something to the design.

btw, how are things @ bha?
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx for responding Rory.

2 Busy, i might steal u back anytime now !!

😉
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Video tutorial for Curtain Wall is planned and coming - it should be posted on our Interactive Training Guides page in a few weeks time.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
gkmethy wrote:
Video tutorial for Curtain Wall is planned and coming - it should be posted on our Interactive Training Guides page in a few weeks time.

Really great news!!!

Sweden Hungary 2-1

😉
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
Nice example above, I didn't know it could do that! Looking forward to the ITG when it comes out, as this tool still baffles me at the moment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
syber wrote:
Wow nice one!
Any tips on how to create something like that?
You'll need to use mulitple curtain walls combined to make the complete package.

1. Use the Curved Geometry Method (Radius and Axis) to create the multiple curved shapes.

2. Use the "Scheme" option to adjust each piece so that the frame ends will align properly with the piece above and below it.

3. Use the "Curtain Wall Free Rotate" option to rotate the individual pieces and meet them stack together as you like them (this can be done in Section and 3D).

4. Drag the pieces to join them frame to frame.

Note, you will most likely need to repeat steps 2&3 to make sure of a seemless fit.

Make any other adjustments you may need.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
i m looking forwards to it!!!

and then i noticed that some tutorials have the version 12!!! nice!!!