Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2d Walls disappear when copy-pasted to new story- why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright boys I need your help. I feel a bit silly asking this but I just 2 hours of experimenting trying to be independent and not ask for help.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to solve this on my own so it's time for expert advice.

When I make a building (ac12), and for speed, copy the ground floor to a sub level (I.E. Ground floor to the foundation story), it disappears off ALL the 2D drawings, unless I make the wall for taller than it is supposed to be. Even if I drag the wall up and down vertically in 3d and check the 2d, it's gone -80cm it's invisible, 90cm-to-80cm tall and it's a dashed outline, with no fill, no matter WHERE I DRAG IT VERTICALLY in 3D...

I've been playing around with it, read everything I could find on here, and still no dice. Absolutely NOTHING seems to work to get it to show up, short of redrawing it, but then....if I reduce the total HEIGHT of the wall, same problem!!!! The dang thing just -zip- and it's gone. Anything less than 80cm tall and it's invisible except in 3d. Anything between 80-90cm tall and it's a dashed outline.

I am missing something on how to copy it to a story below and have it still show up with the normal fill. What setting needs adjusting here???
Current Story, Home Story, Cut Pens...? Should I be looking here???
So this is a new part of the software I need to learn more about. I must just be missing something, right? PEBKAC errors abound!

Thank you in advance!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
The trick is with the Home Story Setting and Floor Plan Display setting of Show on Stories (Cut plane affects this but it is a different situation). If you want to show a wall in a specific floor make sure that Home Story settings is Set to the appropriate story and that Floor plan display is set to Home story only. If you set the wall to automatic AC will decide were the wall should be shown provided that the Floor Plan display is set to All Relevant Stories.

The problem you might have now might be is that you have;
1. Home story set to First Floor or a specific one that it is not the sub basement or automatic
2. Show on Stories is set to - Show on Home story only

This translates to a wall that should be shown on the first floor and that in 3D space is in the -1 level therefore it disappears from the floor plans though it is still shown in 3D and changing the height will not do anything about it. This is a very rough explanation. To fix this one you can do either, change the Home story to automatic or Sub level, or change the show on stories to all relevant stories.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow Eduardo!
Although you wrote it for JP,
what a great explanation of the story(ies) issue.
Thanks
Bier
Eduardo Rolon
To clarify the automatic setting. If you put the wall settings to Automatic and the display settings to Show on all Relevant Stories. The wall display will/can be controlled then by Floor Plan Cut Plane settings if the Display Type is set to Projected if not you can override it there.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

THAT did it.
That is EXACTLY what I was trying to figure out, and the settings in the floor plan cut-plane I can play with now. Some of the deeper settings per-wall ask for some deeper exploration, but for now...
PERFECT!

Thank you very much!