Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

mesh problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
after using archicad for more than one month, now i know more about using mesh tool to create some free form, concept model.

but how can i make it have some thickness?
i just make a random stuff as an example, but it has no thickness

Beside, nodes are fixed since i create this mesh, how can i add more nodes on it in order to modify the mesh?

Picture 1.png
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't apply thickness to a mesh that are relative to your faces.

To add a point, select your mesh, choose mesh-tool. Click on your mesh twice at same place, then you should get a new point that you could manipulate.
Dwight
Newcomer
A surface of uniform thickness is made from a mesh by converting it to roofs - look for "Mesh to Roof"

Copy the original mesh and hide it to protect it for further editing and put the new roof parts on a unique layer to simplify future selection.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
A surface of uniform thickness is made from a mesh by converting it to roofs - look for "Mesh to Roof"

Copy the original mesh and hide it to protect it for further editing and put the new roof parts on a unique layer to simplify future selection.

Oh wait "Mesh to Roof" is a Goodie, so you must download it special - Look under the Help menu for the link taking you to the Graphisoft website for Goodies.

I know.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
turbo gilder and dwight

thanks! done! but we need to keep original mesh for further editing is still not convenient, hope next update/ version would improve it.