Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

fill enhancement problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
In ArchiCAD 12 this is a new feature, all i want is to make material which is shown in 3d to be shown in 2d too.

as the attachment the 3d wall is filled with white brick.

but in the 2d elevation , it only show the hatching.

i hope to have the same fill in both 2d and 3d

however,i've tried to draw the block of image to cover it, then the image block cover the shadow too. i don't want to draw the shadow again and it is not accurate too.

what can i do?
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is the 2d elevation, and i'd like an image fill to it, just like the feature video on graphisoft official site, how to do it???
Anonymous
Not applicable
assigne the correct fill (2d) to the material your wall has in the materials options. then your wall will have the correct 3d texture and 2d hatch.
hth
Anonymous
Not applicable
Angus,

Look at page 38 (bottom/right) of the "03 AC 12 Reference Guide.pdf" file in your AC12 documentation folder... And you will find the answer for this question and many others...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it is not possible. You can't assign an image-fill to a material. Image-fills are strictly 2D.
You can use a drafting fill in elevation or render a parallel projection.
If you want you can place the rendering under your line drawing on your layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hielke wrote:
I think it is not possible. You can't assign an image-fill to a material. Image-fills are strictly 2D.
You can use a drafting fill in elevation or render a parallel projection.
If you want you can place the rendering under your line drawing on your layout.

what i mean is that in new features promotion video, it seems so easy to fill the elevation by only a click.....and i hope to preserve the shadow which is generated automatically...... i think it is quite good feature for presentation, but i can't do it until now
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know what you mean, but it is not possible.
In the new features demo it is a drafting fill they are using, so 2D.
The model itself can just show hatching and color not an image fill.
Watch the fill enhancements demo again.
Would be nice to be able to use image fills as "hatching" for the model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hielke wrote:
I know what you mean, but it is not possible.
In the new features demo it is a drafting fill they are using, so 2D.
The model itself can just show hatching and color not an image fill.
Watch the fill enhancements demo again.
Would be nice to be able to use image fills as "hatching" for the model.
but in the fill enhancement feature video, 34sec - 36sec, (glass fill), after click , the shadow still there......... if it is not possible, i think this promotion video is misleading people
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not possible! (for the last time )
Everything in the demo-elevation is 2D and yes it is a bit misleading.
If you still do not believe me look it up in:
AC12 New Features List: page 6
AC12 Reference Guide: page 31
"Image fills are drafting fills only"
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the video, you can see in the navigator on the right that they are working on a worksheet, which is 2d only.

They have created it simply by copying and pasting a normal elevation, and editing all the fills manually.

An effective workaround tip, keeping everything live, is to -

- Switch to a side view - parallel projection in the openGL 3d window. Save it as a view. (Textures are visible in the 3d window, so ensure the model represents what you require, texture-wise.)
- Set up an elevation as normal, and change the settings to 'fill uncut surfaces' with 'Nothing' and turn on 'Vectorial Sun Shadows'
- On a layout bring in both the line elevation, and the view of the 3d window.
- Overlay the 3d window view so it is inline with the elevation, and resize it to suit. Send it to the back.
- Both the views will automatically update if something is edited, but everything will stay in line, shadows-and-all - Magic!

Hope that helps!