BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

motorbike gdl

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
Is there anyone how knows where I can find a motorbike gdl.
I´m working in ArchiCad only...
15 REPLIES 15
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
meta wrote:
Hello!
Is there anyone how knows where I can find a motorbike gdl.
I´m working in ArchiCad only...
Hi Meta,

What kind of bike are you looking for?
There is a few on www.archibase.net (search under cars...how strange)
I tested one of the bikes from that site and it was really fat as you can see in the attachment. You might trade your VW RS for this one?

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Mats!
Nice hearing from you and The Motorbike looked really Nice!
I´m designing a stand for Ducati (Nice bikes!)

Byby
Meta
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - I;m an ArchiCAD user and Ducati (748 BiPosto) rider in California... though I don't have a GDL object for aDucati, I DO have a SketchUp component that's a pretty good rendition of a yellow 748/998... you could export from SU as 3DS or you could use the v 11 SU import add-in - your call - would this model help?

Gerard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's an image of what the model looks like (minus the reflection of course!) to see you're interested...

Gerard
Ducati 998-748 yellow biposto.jpg
alexliz
Participant
Anyone knows if they've just changed something with the Archibase.net download interface? I tried to d/l a few objects from them today, but when I arrived at the final screen of each (the one with the thumbnail that you could click to donwload) nothing happened. I then noticed the mention of the ArchiBAR toolbar, but, although it states that Mac is supported, all I get is the archibar.exe file.

No good for me on my Mac...
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Thomas Holm
Booster
The .exe file might in fact be a self-extracting (only on Windows) zip file. If so, you will be able to open it (and a truckload of other compression formats too) if you download and install the Unarchiver from
http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html
I can assure you this is worthwhile even if it doesn't succeed on this file!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
alexliz
Participant
Hi Thomas! Thx for the reply.

I already have the Unarchiver (if it could also handle password protected rar files I would trash stuffit...) so I'll just give it a try.

Do you think Archibase changed the ui to control how many objects each user d/ls?
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Thomas Holm
Booster
alexliz wrote:
...Do you think Archibase changed the ui to control how many objects each user d/ls?
Sorry, no idea. Perhaps it's the number of downloaded polygons
Should be quite substantial in such objects. I would avoid filling up a parking lot with them. . .
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
alexliz
Participant
Yeah, the number of polygons is immense, but if you are after truly realistic scenes, I think a lot of these objects are true-to-life.

And if combined with Artlantis Studio, I don't think they're _that_ bad (rendering-time-wise, I mean).

My 2¢.
Alex Zachopoulos

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!