Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wind bracing PLans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iv been racking my brain for a couple of days on how I might be able to do this.. iv read a heap on schedules to try work out a way. But need to ask the question.

What im trying to do is insert wind bracing items into my model.. (this is the easy part.. library item… done)
But from these items I want to be able to run a schedule that looks something along lines of listing the item name, ID, then also a preset value… so in the schedule it can add list the items name, its ID (easy parts) but then also add its value to the schedule and then give a total at the bottom

Basically want to use a schedule for these so that if they get modified the table will always be current.. most people have just told me to manually draw a table and add the values.. but leave room for error with plan revisions (if any)

OR, if anyone has a better way of doing a bracing plan and tables, do tell 

Cheers
Gene

bracing.JPG
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
my tables a little wrong... it should read
X1
X2
X3
X4

not
X1
X1
x1
X1
Anonymous
Not applicable
posibly even a wall that could be used and haev a value per linial meter thats inserted?
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you make your library part add the parameters: X1, X2, etc... They will show up in the parameters of the library part when you place them so that you can input the values.
Anonymous
Not applicable
not sure what u mean??

the X1, X2 etc.. will just be the object ID and lable.
the name will be the library item name.

the values i want associated with them and to give a total is the part im not sure about?
Karl Ottenstein
GeNOS wrote:
the values i want associated with them and to give a total is the part im not sure about?
Your library part simply needs a parameter to store that data in. Then, simply add that parameter to your schedule and have it generate a total.

If you are creating your library part by simply saving elements as a GDL library part - rather than scripting, then here is what you want to do. (If you were scripting, then you would already know various ways to do all of this, I think.)

Open the created library part.

Click the Select Subtype button

Expand Model Element and select Building Element. Click the Select button. (screenshot)

Your object now has all of the standard parameters for a building element - including a bunch of User Defined fields (screenshot) - which I would assume you would want for other scheduling purposes.

Click the New button as seen in the screenshot to add a new parameter.

Depress the Type button and you'll see the popup palette in the screenshot. Choose Real Number so that the new parameter can hold a decimal number as shown in your example.

Then type a user prompt in the Name field (screenshot). Finally, enter a default value if desired (0.0 shown).

The last screenshot shows what you will now see for the Object Settings dialog for your object - where you can enter the value for the brace.

Finally, just create your schedule and add this parameter to the schedule and set it to create a total.

Karl

Save/close the object.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
screenshot
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
screenshot
Karl Ottenstein
screenshot
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Karl.

yeah im new to archicad, and am yet to dabble in to scripting.. to be honest the look of it scared me in to “leaving it till I really need to use it” lol.
I appreciate that write up you have done and I will work through it later this arvo. Hopefully I can get my head around it. Will let you know how I got

Gene