Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Site Plan and Section Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ArchiCAD experts,
I'm having trouble with two different problems.
The first problem I have is I don't know how to create a site plan. I know it give you option to create a floor plan that shows the model of the building, but I want to create a site plan that shows the overall model with the mesh topo I recreated. How do I achieve that?

Another problem I have is I have created beams in my model, but when I go to my section view, the beams disappear and it doesn't show up. The section line doesn't cut through the beam (it runs parallel to it) but it should still appear in the background, what is the problem and how do I fix it so I can see it in my section again?

Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as sections check if they are limited and make them infinite!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I check if they are limited or not?

Nevermind, I found out how to correct it.

I still need help in producing a site plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ELing34 wrote:
Hi ArchiCAD experts,
I'm having trouble with two different problems.
The first problem I have is I don't know how to create a site plan. I know it give you option to create a floor plan that shows the model of the building, but I want to create a site plan that shows the overall model with the mesh topo I recreated. How do I achieve that?

Thanks!
I have the same question, can anyone help?

thanks
Brett Brown
Advocate
Buildemax, I suggest you sign up to Archicadselect.com as a standard member. It is free. Then goto "Tips and Tricks",scroll down to "Site Modeling" and down load the PDF. Should answer your questions.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are using v12, you could try the new 3d documentation tool (refer to help menu for details);

in the 3d window, set view to parallel projections from above and select "capture window for 3d document" from the context(right click) menu; garnish as required with text and dimensions and serve on layout sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hold the salt please.
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
2 Brett:
there is no free membership on the site you're refering to unless you're a student maybe... What do you mean by "standard" member?
BTW, the site looks useful...
Thnx
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suggest that you download the free Archicad BIM Experience kit from www.graphisoft.com and go over the tutorials, it is very well explained.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Skardes, If you click on "Membership Levels" bottom of home page,it explains the Free Standard Membership.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,