BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

custom panel used as a sidelight

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to use D1 Combi Commercial Door 12 to have a door with sidelights because the object has the ability to turn the sidelights on on off. THe sidelights they have puts an extra frame in. I tried to turn the sidelight frame width to be 1/64" thick but then I don't get a bottom frame at the sidelight which I need. I've tried to make a custom panel for the sidelight by making a slab for the frame at the bottom, a slab for the glass and a slab for the wallhole but it's not working. It works fine in 3D and in section but I don't see the glass in plan. I choose the slabs I made then save as custom component and then as a custom door panel, right?? I put the glass where I want it when I made the slabs for some reason the glass doesn't show in plan. Is this a bug?
Thanks for any help.
Michele
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michele:

This thread might offer some insight, I don't think custom panels show in the 2D Symbol:
Custom glass door panel plan symbol?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does that make any sense what so ever?? Why have a custom option then? Dumb

Michele
Learn and get certified!