BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

custom component for sidelight

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to use D1 Combi Commercial Door 12 to have a door with sidelights because the object has the ability to turn the sidelights on on off. THe sidelights they have puts an extra frame in. I tried to turn the sidelight frame width to be 1/64" thick but then I don't get a bottom frame at the sidelight which I need. I've tried to make a custom panel for the sidelight by making a slab for the frame at the bottom, a slab for the glass and a slab for the wallhole but it's not working.I can't see the bottom frame and I don't see the glass in plan. I choose the slabs I made then save as custom component and then as a custom door panel, right?? I put the glass where I want it when I made the slabs & for some reason the glass doesn't show in plan & the bottom frame doesn't show up anywhere. Is this a bug?
Thanks for any help.
Michele
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I fudged it but still can't get the glass to show up in plan. I used 1 slab and booleaned out the space around the glass.

Graphisoft really needs to think objects out more throughally than it has. They need to give us our money's worth. We should have a basic door with abilities to turn sidelights on and off.

attached is the elev view
Michele
Anonymous
Not applicable
I emailed too soon. I tried to increase the width of the sidelight and it's all screwed up again!!!!!

Nice work
Learn and get certified!