BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wallhole slab does not cut wall hole.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can not get the wallhole function to cut a non-rectangular hole. I've used this tool in previous versions and it works fine. When I create a slab with the wallhole ID and create a window, the wallhole slab shows up when the window is placed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
27 REPLIES 27
Dwight
Newcomer
so you don't see this?
038.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but I leave it set to non-editable. Is that my problem?
Dwight
Newcomer
Every good mechanic knows that when faced with two choices and one doesn't work that you try the other one before sending the part back.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
It is just one of those things - Perhaps AC 12 has binary as the default when in prior versions it did not or we all just forgot that we switched it and when the new version came along it switched back and who would remember something like that?

The hint is that "Wallhole" is an arcane GDL command and that "Binary" is a method of saving a GDL object that merely recounts the vectors and planes of an object. It knows not from fancy GDL lingo.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ouch! Funny you should mention that- I'm a licensed A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) mechanic. As an A&P I live and die by documentation. Maybe it would be more accurate to say others live and die if I don't have proper documentation. I tried it with the editable script anyway and it didn't change anything- still the incorrect wallhole. However, now I can open the 3D script for the window, but it looks correct.
Dwight
Newcomer
Ha. When i worked at the A&P, the most complicated mechanical thing i did was to fix the coffee grinder because some kid poured already-ground coffee in there.

Re; the problem: Start again from the beginning and double-check everything.
Dwight Atkinson
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
A couple of comments...

1. You can have more than one wallhole per object

2. You should check the 3d script and make sure that there is a COMMAND "wallhole" with other parameters immediately following.

If there isn't you've probably typed wallhole with a space after it or something.

If there is a WALLHOLE command, you might want to check your original geometry (slab) and make sure there are no errors when looking at it in 3d.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Duane,

I've rebuilt the window abut a dozen times now. Each time I make sure that my slab elements are properly located and labeled. One save was using the editable format so I could open the 3D script and check to see if it has the wallhole- the script looked fine. I also saved the part without a wallhole and then, using the method from version 7 or 9, copied the glass component and pasted it at the end of the script and relabeled it as wallhole- no change. As a last resort, I did the same thing in version 11- it still didn't work. One of my associates has been trying this as well with no success. What ArchiCAD build are you using? I'm at the point where I'm thinking of reloading the software.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Roland, attach the window library part here and someone will take a look at it. If it works for them it probably means you have a problem your end. If not, we can investigate further!

You may need to zip it up to attach it to a message.
Dwight
Newcomer
There must obviously be something wrong with his procedure.......
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!