BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Molding that follow the roof lines....

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to create a molding (profile) that could follow the lines of the roofs using the beam. But didn't find a way to do that.. The gravity tool by the roof didn't worked ... Someone have a cleaver way to do this?
It's something like the picture below...
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Fabricio,

Try using the roof tool instead of the beam... Create little roofs with the same slope of the main roof and put it on top of it. Then change its thickness.
Hope that helps.
Djordje
Ace
fabricfo wrote:
I tried to create a molding (profile) that could follow the lines of the roofs using the beam. But didn't find a way to do that.. The gravity tool by the roof didn't worked ... Someone have a cleaver way to do this?
It's something like the picture below...
Place the beams in the appropriate storey (roof plan). In the 3D window, edit the hotspots bu dragging them up or down, thereby changing the slope of the beam. They also join correctly.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Djordje,
I was trying to make the modification on the section view
But the fusion isn't perfect in this case ( with the other part of the beam straight )... and the hotspot of the below part of the beam isn't editable... is there a way to solve this without using the SEO?

Thanks
Djordje
Ace
fabricfo wrote:
Thanks Djordje,
I was trying to make the modification on the section view
But the fusion isn't perfect in this case ( with the other part of the beam straight )... and the hotspot of the below part of the beam isn't editable... is there a way to solve this without using the SEO?

Thanks
Check which of the icons on the pet palette you use.

Work in 3D. Parallel views are conventions, they don't really exist.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Align the beams as necessary with your fascia in section and elevation views, because of the lack of hotspots in 3D. But, the rest can be done in 3D - the rotation and the intersection. Only Complex Profiled beams can be rotated in two dimensions, so even if you just want a rectangular element, you have to model it as a profile.

Use the intersect command (same as for walls and lines to form a clean "L" intersection) to join the two beams to each other.

Karl

PS Additional keywords for searching on this thread: fascia trim, fascia boards
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot guys,,,
problem solved
Learn and get certified!