Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall grid lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm tryin to create a curtain wall as shown. Is there a way to move each line in the curtain wall system? so far i can only set up a grid and move the grid. It will be three different curtain walls because the facade is not flat.
9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace
Just assign black to all the curtain wall elements and make sure to do the photos on moonless nights ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's my mistake. I meant the way the grid lines are in the picture not the color.
Anonymous
Not applicable
grid line of curtain wall? do you mean the frame??

you have to edit in 3D
Anonymous
Not applicable
THE GRID LINES AKA THE CROSS BRACING. THEY ARE ALL AT DIFFERENT ANGLES. IS THERE A WAY TO FREE EDIT WHERE LINES GO TO ESTABLISH A DIFFERENT PATTERN.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you need to specifically use the curtain wall tool?

You could do this by drawing the shape as a complex profile then extruding its depth.

You could also use the trussmaker tool and set up the different thicknesses of member with various colours of line.

Just thowing some alternatives out there! I have no preference, it's just what works best for you.
Djordje
Ace
lpbolden wrote:
That's my mistake. I meant the way the grid lines are in the picture not the color.
My point is that your screen shot is totally black. You can't see anything.

As Peter said, the structure that you are looking for should be done separate from the curtain wall.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Just assign black to all the curtain wall elements and make sure to do the photos on moonless nights ...

rocorona
Booster
Necko, you do NOT need the CW grid to follow exactly your drawing. You can place CW Frames as you like, editing the CW in the 3D window, and then choosing the Frame tool.
Just try...

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
I now know his concern,

Even though he can edit the CW in 3D

but it is very different to trace the CAD drawing and make a totally the same type of curtain wall.

I am still trying now