BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Simple Line Type Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'll begin by telling you i've searched the forum and have not found my answer, so this question may be idiotically basic and if so I am sorry

I want to produce plain line elevations, with no hatching or colours, i.e. the simple kind you may produce in autocad (hiss). I've fiddled and have no idea how to progress.

Thank you for your time, and sorry if i've wasted it.
Richard.
33 REPLIES 33
Dwight
Newcomer
That would be by using the Analytical section or elevation tool and turning off the fancy options.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight thank you for the speedy reply, have already trawled those options and can't seem to find the option under elevation?

Expanding the question further can you produce 3d hidden wireframe axonometric views?

Thanks again,
Richard
Dwight
Newcomer
Okay. In the Section Tool:
Fill uncut surfaces with "Nothing"
take away the "Vectoral 3D Hatching" and the
"Sun and shadows"

Very plain image remains.

Also you can make an elevation with this method:

View Mode>Internal 3D Engine can produce hidden line views OR wireframe views, but to see the hidden lines you need to activate the Special Menu [arcane wizardry methods] and enable "special hidden line" and "show all lines on surfaces" and "show special lines" or one of them or several...
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight/Richard,

Out of curiousity, what does a '3d hidden wireframe axonometric' look like and how does if differ from a standard hidden line or wireframe? What do the Special Menu options you mention actually do?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but basically what i'm trying to draw is that basic hand drawn view. I'm cheating at Uni really, we've been set a project and asked to draw some axonometric views of a residential layout we have to design, so rather that spend hours on a perspective, i'm redrawing it all in ArchiCAD, produce my views and then trace it by hand.

Thinking outside the box in my opinion

Here is what my idea of a '3d hidden wireframe axonometric'
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but basically what i'm trying to draw is that basic hand drawn view. I'm cheating at Uni really, we've been set a project and asked to draw some axonometric views of a residential layout we have to design, so rather that spend hours on a perspective, i'm redrawing it all in ArchiCAD, produce my views and then trace it by hand.
A simple 'hidden line' view of the model will produce that effect in your image.

Don't be embarressed by tracing over ArchiCAD perspectives. It is the only practical and sensible way of doing it nowdays. Why would you walk 100 miles when you could drive it instead?

To be honest, you could completely cheat and use the sketch rendering option built in to AC. It's good enough to fool most people into thinking it's done by hand! Experiment with the settings and see what you can produce!

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've thought of that, perversely enough though, my tutor who has asked for this hand drawn project is also our lecturer for ArchiCAD, otherwise i would have dropped drawing, and possibly even photoshopped it pencil lines

Thanks for your help though
Anonymous
Not applicable
richgwilt wrote:

Thinking outside the box in my opinion

Here is what my idea of a '3d hidden wireframe axonometric'
Don't confuse a Axonometric view with a perspective view.

Use the toggle button in the 3D projections settings.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Peter wrote:
Dwight/Richard,

Out of curiousity, what does a '3d hidden wireframe axonometric' look like and how does if differ from a standard hidden line or wireframe? What do the Special Menu options you mention actually do?
The special menu will let you create 3D hidden view, and using the Special Hidden Lines... command, will let you set a linetype of your choice (eg. hidden) to the hidden lines. You know, so you can show the hidden lines in a hidden linetype.

Not really fitting for this scenario, but kinda worth knowing about.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!