BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

line quality issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
since upgrading from AC9 to AC10 and on to 11 and 12, we've line quality issues. we've used the same printer and updated all our printer drivers and software to try and resolve the issue. line quality issues were not present in AC9. anyone else have this same issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
define "issues" -- the only thing I can think of is to check your Pens and/or Pen Sets.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
issues:

1-lines are pixelated
2-portions of fills and lines are faded out in the middle of the field

none of our pen sets/settings have changed since AC9.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Next question would be "Mac or PC"? although I'm afraid I can't help you.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the scenario since AC9:

We have a Lanier RW310 wide format printer (with the most current drivers/software) connected directly to a Windows operating system computer (because the printer only works with Windows) which is connected to our network. This printer is a shared printer on our network. We work in Archicad 12 (build 2325) on Mac OS X 10.5.5 computers and send our drawings to a queue in Plotbase (printing software) on the Windows based computer. In short, we work from Macs and print to the shared printer connected to a Windows based computer over the network.

This scenario didn't have any problems or issues until we upgraded to AC10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about;
sending a file to the Windows machine and then send it from there to a service bureau. If all is ok , then would seem to be Plotbase, irregardless of recent drivers. Do the Plotbase folks say it is certified for AC12?
Bier
TomWaltz
Participant
If the lines are pixelated, that sounds like the plot is coming out as a raster image and not vector data. That could be any number of issues, from plot settings to printer driver settings.

I'd bet it was a printer setting somewhere.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since troubleshooting on this issue yesterday, we discovered three things:

1-The files we've been using are files we've used since AC8 as base files for new projects.
2-The solid type fills seem to be then ones causing all other vectorial fills and lines to be pixelated. When we replaced the solid fills with non-solid fills the line quality is sharp & not pixelated.
3-When we tried reproducing the same project on a new AC12 default template file (no elements from any old projects, just elements from the AC12 template) the line quality is sharp & not pixelated.

Does this mean we can't use older project files as bases on newer AC versions so that we can keep our customized company standards? Or, do we have to re-customize a new base file from an AC12 template to meet our company standard setup?
Learn and get certified!