BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to draw this wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
might be a stupid question, but i do not know how to draw this wall with the roof shape and the windows in order to get a 3d model?

cheers for any help
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOS wrote:
if you draw 1/2 of teh line work then mirror it over to make it symmetrical, then any archs or circles mirrored will cause the error.. if you mirror just the lines and copy the circles over and trim them up (no mirroring of archs or circle) then it works fine
Indeed, the same behavior here. Very intriguing. I don't know if Graphisoft is aware of this, but it's good to know there are workarounds.

Thank you again,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Dwight
Newcomer
Never mind the T-shirt - give the guy a wizard cap!
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
All the elements in the path should have the same direction. So, no mirroring the half ... if you do, magicwand it all into a polyline, and it will be OK. Check the direction before making the truss.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
The dutch gable wall can be made by making the gable shape
using TrussMaker and using it to SEO with upwards extrusion
a normal wall as target.
Peter Devlin
did that and tried all sorts of SEO operation but none was working. i drew the roof line as lines, used the trussmaker and safed the object as gdl. afterwards i put the gableline object ontop of the wall and tried the SEO operations. wall as target and trussmaker ine object as operator. there must be something wrong in the way i did it? can anyone tell what, and what i could do to make it work?

thanks a lot
rocorona
Booster
the TM object must be wide as (or more) than the wall you want to cut

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
thanks to everyone for your advice. i finally managed : )

now i am about to deal with another upcoming problem. i drew the windows with the ceiling tool, and saved them afterwards as window- object. all worked fine but in the 3D perspective the openings in the walls are square, while the windows are arched windows, as to be seen in the attached pic.

what do i have to do in order to get the walls just cut where the actual windows are?

thanks a lot guys.
window_prob.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
It has to do with "wallhole"
Se if this helps.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=130541&highlight=window+wall+hole#130541
There are other explanations you might find by doing search
for wallhole and windows etc.
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see the earlier posts in this thread.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=125184&highlight=wallhole#125184

After you have built your window in the plan, make one more slab
that is the exact shape of the outside of your window frame and is
positioned exactly in the same place as the frame. Give this slab the ID
"Wallhole" and save the assembly as a window object. You don't have
to edit the script because there will be a wallhole command in the script.

Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
babs_80 wrote:
thanks to everyone for your advice. i finally managed : )

now i am about to deal with another upcoming problem. i drew the windows with the ceiling tool, and saved them afterwards as window- object. all worked fine but in the 3D perspective the openings in the walls are square, while the windows are arched windows, as to be seen in the attached pic.

what do i have to do in order to get the walls just cut where the actual windows are?

thanks a lot guys.

heres a tutoial on how to do it..
i used this method last week for the 1st time. worked a treat

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Creating%20custom%20windows
Learn and get certified!