Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rotating a window (was: Help please!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
please tell me how to change it in the 3D GDL script to make this window upwards.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Coatea_G:

As a minimum, you will need to add at the beginning of the 3D Script:
RotX 180 ! to rotate the window around the X axis
AddY -B ! to move the window up its height
AddZ -WALL_THICKNESS ! to move the window back into the wall the wall depth (old school C_)

This assumes no Del Top statements, which would delete these commands so they would need to be repeated after the Del Top. The Script could be more complicated and these commands could need modification, depending on the exact 3D Script, this may call for a bit of trail & error to fix all the code.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rocorona
Booster
Isn't the ROTX 180 also changing the interior/exterior of the Window?

I can't test it right now, but I would try ROTX 180 or -even better- MULY -1

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Yes, the MulY -1 will work instead of the RotX 180 transformation, still need the AddY -B transformation, can drop the AddZ -WALL_THICKNESS transformation. All the other caveats apply.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14