BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

about stairs in archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

i am having problems showing stairs in plan view

i am talking about a building that has 3 floors -1,0,+1

when creating a staircase, and placing it in lvl 0 how can i choose to see after the cut line the staircase below or above ? and if above, how can i show the stairs with a dashed line ?

can anyone explain a correct way to show them ?

thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
btw im using version 10 of archicad
Erika Epstein
Booster
Look for the SHOW ON STORIES settings and choose the option that will show the stairs as you want. You may want to place it on the middle floor and then choose SHOW ON ONE STORY UP AND DOWN.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
The details depend on the type of stair you are using (library parts, StairMaker, Archistair, Stair Builder) but the usual practice is to place a staircase on each story that it rises from. In your case that would be one staircase placed on -1, and another on 0. Both should be set to show on the floor above.
Anonymous
Not applicable
whats the difference between library parts, StairMaker, Archistair, Stair Builder and what of all these is the "internal" built in way to create stairs
i mean what am i using right now ? (:
Anonymous
Not applicable
zilberdik wrote:
whats the difference between library parts, StairMaker, Archistair, Stair Builder and what of all these is the "internal" built in way to create stairs
i mean what am i using right now ? (:
StairMaker is built into ArchiCAD and is probably what you are using. ArchiCAD also comes with some parts in the library that can be placed without the use of the built-in tools. The library parts are still accessed through the stair tool so this might be a little confusing. Archistair is a commercial add-on from Cigraph and Stair Builder is one from Cadimage.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Look for the SHOW ON STORIES settings and choose the option that will show the stairs as you want. You may want to place it on the middle floor and then choose SHOW ON ONE STORY UP AND DOWN.
once you've created the stair in stair-maker (i assume this is how you're making the stair?) and placed it on your floor as discribed in the other posts here, the setting Erika refers to is accessed in the stair object settings - not within stairmaker.
hope that helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello again

I am using the "create new stair" tool in the stair maker (AC10)

in the attached jpeg, (and ignore the mistakes - its a test stair) i cannot find the way to detail the materials (currently 1:25 scale) of the different stair parts- thread, concrete ect.)

i tried all kinds of combination of the options - in the stair proporties, and in the edit the chosen stairs - but its not working.

thanks
Learn and get certified!