Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to display zone volume?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't seem to find a way to be able to read this attribute. Any ideas?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Archibeat wrote:
Where? You posted to Working in ArchiCAD, so I'm guessing you mean that you want the value to appear in a zone stamp? Or, are you talking about a schedule? (I'll move the post to the Schedules forum if that's what you mean.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Archibeat wrote:
Where? You posted to Working in ArchiCAD, so I'm guessing you mean that you want the value to appear in a zone stamp? Or, are you talking about a schedule? (I'll move the post to the Schedules forum if that's what you mean.)

Karl
Sorry--in a zone stamp. I see all the other attributes (area, perimeter, etc.) in the element attribute window, but volume isn't an option I can turn on for any of the Zone Identifiers that I have as options. I created a list to see if volume would magically appear there, but no luck.
Karl Ottenstein
Showing volume is one of the options for the standard Zone Identifier 2 12 in AC 12 - but it is not part of the 11 stamps. You'd have to customize a stamp in 11 (edit the GDL) to include it, although perhaps someone here has one they would share.

Looking at the 12 stamps code, it is a bit of code to do it right (showing the proper units, etc).

It appears that the INT library for 11 has a zone stamp, Zone Stamp 01 11, which includes the volume from reading this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=124556

Oddly, the US lib part is called Zone Identifer 11 and does NOT include the volume as you've noted...and further, while the US stamps in 12 DO have volume, that other thread seems to indicate that the INT stamps in 12 had volume deleted. Makes your head spin...

So: could someone with INT upload their Zone Stamp 01 11 lib part for Archibeat?

Thanks,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
As requested, here is the INT version of Zone Stamp 01 11 if anyone still needs it.

HTH.
Karl Ottenstein
Thank you Peter!

Archibeat - does that resolve your issue?

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, thanks a lot.