BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

rendering on a second computer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I now have a second computer. I'd like to set it up as a render station if possible. Let that one chug away at the renders while I work on renfining the model and lighting.
Is there a way that I can use my second computer to render? Would I need another key? Can I use Artlantis to render on a second computer?
Thank you,
John
6 REPLIES 6
stefan
Expert
Network rendering is typically supported in high-end rendering applications, like VIZ, max, Maya, XSI, Lightwave and Cinema4D.

But not in ArchiCAD and (IIRC) not in Art*lantis.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Djordje
Ace
johncassel wrote:
I now have a second computer. I'd like to set it up as a render station if possible. Let that one chug away at the renders while I work on renfining the model and lighting.
Is there a way that I can use my second computer to render? Would I need another key? Can I use Artlantis to render on a second computer?
Install Art•Lantis on the other one, make sure you can access the folder with the ATL files, and chug on. ArchiCAD does not support network rendering, as also Art•Lantis does not.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Try opening two ArchiCAD programs at the same time. All it takes is a click to save your plan with a new name and let it render while you go back to working on your master plan. I typically have 2 or 3 ArchiCAD programs open that I copy and paste things from along with Art*Lantis and sometimes ADT 3.3. I use multiple monitors with my Dell M60. It works great for me. When you get all of the settings just right for the final rendering, use a screen capture to make a .jpg of your screen and save it with your drawing. This is more important for sketch rendering becasue there are so many settings and the settings are very sensitive.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Steve wrote:
Try opening two ArchiCAD programs at the same time. All it takes is a click to save your plan with a new name and let it render while you go back to working on your master plan. I typically have 2 or 3 ArchiCAD programs open that I copy and paste things from along with Art*Lantis and sometimes ADT 3.3.
M60 is a powerful beast ... however, thsi depends on the project size; I also keep at least one ArchiCAD and PlotMaker open all the time, and rarely experience choke-ups.
Steve wrote:
When you get all of the settings just right for the final rendering, use a screen capture to make a .jpg of your screen and save it with your drawing. This is more important for sketch rendering becasue there are so many settings and the settings are very sensitive.
There is a built-in way for this - save the 3D view, that also preserves your rendering engine settings. Tip: first save the 3D view in Open GL, to be generated in 3D window. THEN make a copy of the whole folder, and with the rendering parameters set as they should be. resave all the views.
Djordje

HP Omen
Sketch Rendering is not an option in Open GL mode. Thats why I recomended the screen capture.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Steve wrote:
Sketch Rendering is not an option in Open GL mode. Thats why I recomended the screen capture.
Hm?

Again, save the 3D view, this time specifying the 3D window as the source. AFAIK the rendering settings have nothing to do with the engine used in the 3D window. HIDDEN LINE is not an option in OpenGL mode - Sketch rendering is something else.

Or did we completely misunderstood each other?
Djordje

HP Omen
Learn and get certified!