BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP set up transfered to another project

MEP Qustion.

How do we transfer the MEP System set up as shown on a project Attributes to another project.

In other word, I have the set up for MEP in one .pln file and I do not want to re-invent the wheel again to apply the same criteria to a .pln created before MEP was around.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
14 REPLIES 14
David Shorter
Advisor
You're correct and its a major defect particularly when the product is new and we are developing our own standards. The template (as always) is a work in progress. We always need to move attributes to existing files.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
cgrimley
Contributor
Here's what you do. Copy/paste. It worked for me.

Casey
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
cgrimley
Contributor
cgrimley wrote:

Casey
Let me add to that, you can copy some MEP elements, i.e. ducts, diffusers, etc. from your .pln that has all your preferences setup and paste them to another project.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
David Shorter
Advisor
Thats fine, and yes it works, but it terms of consistency its not good. Is it in the MEP user guide? Some one tell me where..
And yes this works for other "attributes" so why have an Attribute manager.
Just lets be consistent
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
cgrimley wrote:
Yes, if the System does not exist in the paste Plan, no if it does (but the settings do not change). This needs to be implemented in the Attribute Manager so these settings can be rationally managed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!