Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing/Duplicates report results rather confusing

alexliz
Participant
I am not the 100% organized guy, but I think I'm doing OK.

Having said that, I recently opened a project in AC12, and it also fired up AC as it was not running at the moment. Upon reading in the necessary Libraries, I got the Library Report window listing a few hundred missing and a few hundred duplicate objects. Sure enough, in my plan window, some elements were not displayed, notably some windows (i.e. as in "windows you open in the walls!")

I just clicked Libraries, then Reload. I didn't change anything as to which libraries to load. Just Reload. Then, nothing is missing; just a good few are Duplicate or even Multiple (?).

After I worked for a few minutes, I closed the file. Not AC, just the file. Went to the site, then back on my screen. Reloaded the file: Now, the Library Report only lists Multiple Versions; nothing else. I can't see anything in my plan that doesn't display properly. All objects seem OK.

My question: what gives? Why does ArchiCAD's Library Report vary depending on if it's the first, second or whatever time the libraries are read into memory, and why does it change even further after closing/reopening the file?

Note: upon reopening the file in the last step above, AC didn't read any libraries; it just opened it.

Thanks for any insight.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Alex,

Try sorting out the reason for the duplicate library part messages first. You should have maybe 3 libraries loaded. The main AC12 library (on your harddrive), the job specific library (on the server), and the shared custom library (server also). Reload and see what messages appear.

Save the file, exit AC and open again. See where you are then.
alexliz
Participant
Hi Peter, thanks for the post.

I basically follow the principle you describe, anyway. My main question, though, is: why does ArchiCAD report different things without me changing anything as regards which libraries are loaded?

Thanks.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)