BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Help making basic editable Library Item

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to make the below item a little better to use.

Basically its just a 2d image with text as a library item.. where the red # is I have left blank and I just drop text over the top of it in my plans
I was wondering if someone could show me or point me to a place I could see how I could add editable text to where the red # is so that I could edit it in objects setting box. And do away with the whole droping text boxes on top of it

Thanks

arrow.JPG
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
these what i have.. iv played for ages and dunno how to get the text in the right spot and or rotate it 90°

also im guessing i need to remove the original text from the item?
i noticed in the script it sees the orginal text there.. am i able to just get my net values to link in with them?
i can get teh "texty" text feild in the right spot between the original text but i cant edit it

edit....... i just tryed to attach it but wont let me.. how can i post the item up on the forum?
Barry Kelly
GeNOS wrote:
edit....... i just tryed to attach it but wont let me.. how can i post the item up on the forum?
ZIP the object file.
ZIP files are allowed if they are not to big - which it shouldn't be.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
In the 2D script I am guessing there will be a line saying something like ..... TEXT2 0, 0, "X- kn"
and another for .....TEXT2 0, 0, "Y- kn"

The 0, 0 part may actually be co-ordinates for the text location.

If you have created "Textx" and "Texty" parameters (as text parameters) then you can alter the above lines to .....

TEXT2 0, 0, "X-" + Textx + "kn"

and

TEXT2 0, 0, "Y-" + Texty + "kn"

Now as you change the text parameter the object should display the value.

If you have set up the new parameters as numbers instead of text then the parameter will need to be converted to a text value before they can be linked together as above.
Or you can just add a new text command for just the number if you can work out the location.

It will be much easier to show you if you can post the object or copy and paste the 2D script.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rocorona
Booster
Here is a quick release of the object. The script is very tidy and you can really try to learn something reading it, and do changes to suit your needing.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Barry wrote:

TEXT2 0, 0, "X-" + Textx + "kn"

and

TEXT2 0, 0, "Y-" + Texty + "kn"

Barry.
i tryed this but couldnt get it to edit the text. objiously somethign ive done wronge.. just couldnt work out what... ill post mine up
Anonymous
Not applicable
rocorona wrote:
Here is a quick release of the object. The script is very tidy and you can really try to learn something reading it, and do changes to suit your needing.
thank you heaps for this

looking at it and at mine (even tho mine is messy as hell) i think i see when my problem was.. i had the TEXT 0,0 part in the wrong spot which was stoping it from editing the actual text, even tho when i placed the object it had the "text_x" in the spot where i wanted the edited text to go..

thanks again, really appricate it.
Gene
rocorona
Booster
Obviously the text can only be edited in the Object parameters, not in the plan symbol itself.

If X and Y values are, for example, real project coordinates, we can make them automatically updatable.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10