BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

problems with SEO's

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having problems with my SEO’s

Im picking half a dozen operators and a single target and doing a subtraction with upward extrusion... some of the areas will subtract and some will not.. I try the ones that don’t work individually and still those particular sections wont subtract from my target..
This is happening quite a lot for me , not on in just one job. Any ideas what might be causing it.

No layers are locked
Im using slabs and roof plains to subtract sections from a mesh (site terrain)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
all the surfaces are touching perfectly. (snaped together)

none of the slabs ar below the base of the mesh.

i cant drop them deeper as it will effect the visuall look.. im making cuts in the block so that when i remove (hide) the slabs used for the cuts it will visually show the client what there block will look like.. as well as give us farly exact number on how much dirt needs to be removed for them block (for costings)

iv done way more complex cuts to block before without a single problem, which is why its got me stumped
Karl Ottenstein
GeNOS,

I've never experienced what you're seeing in the situation you illustrate. And, Barry, I've never had the intersection priority of the layers of the cutters vs the targe make a difference.

I've subtracted a dozen slabs from a mesh many times without problem. The only time that things didn't work was on a project back in 9 or 10 where one slab had a spline-like edge (multiple adjacent curves), and it just wouldn't cut until I split the slab in two.

You mention that a different slab is the problem depending on how you select them. Have you tried selecting half of the slabs, for example, doing the subtract, and then selecting the other half and subtracting them from the mesh? Do you have a problem with each half, or just one half (of the slab total)? If just one half, undo all operators on the mesh, and repeat subtracting all of the slabs that worked as one operator, then half of those that didn't work, and then the remainder (three subtract total) ... until you can track down something reproducible...

Good luck,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
GeNOS,
You could upload this file on some file sharing place.
Copy all the elements participating in the SEO and paste it into a new file.
Then purge all unused attributes, delete all saved View, unnecessary Layouts etc. if the file size is too large.
Give us the path so we can then download the file and take a look at it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Size of the site mesh shouldn't matter.
Neither should the number of items being subtracted.

You haven't accidentally doubled up the site mesh?.
Or a portion of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl
yeah its very weird.. iv actually done it a few times where if subtracted each slab individually. still doesn’t work.. just a few random ones wont work at all.

laszlonagy
ill give it a go if i can get the file size down
i might try the subtraction in a separate file with nothing in it at teh same time see if it works.

Stuart
no doubles.. as iv deleted it a few times and started over to see if that was the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOS wrote:
if i select teh mesh and pick Superficies it looks fine, expect ehen i hid my SEO scuting slabs tehres bottomless holes.. so i need to use the "creat solid body" option and this it when it shows it incorrectly
heres a picture of what i was trying to explain above...
so it seams its working just when i have the solid body (which is the one i need to show) its fails

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/679/seo2.jpg
Learn and get certified!