Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Module Orientation and fixed-angle elements

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I'm a little confused by the Help menu concerning fixed-angle elements within modules. First, it says that Labels will retain their rotation angle; then it says you can adjust the angle of fixed-angle elements to reflect module rotation: "If you do not want module angles to be fixed, and you prefer them to follow the module's rotation as specified in the Orientation field..."

1. Can you or can you not make Labels rotate with the module? Currently, I'm having to create two modules for each condition -- horizontal and vertical -- so that the Labels will read correctly.

2. What the heck does "...do not want module angles to be fixed, and you prefer them to follow the module's rotation..." mean? Of course I want the module to follow the module's rotation.

(working in AC11)
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you UNCHECK the box, labels and zone tags will stay at the same angle they were originally placed. If you check that box, label text and zone tags will rotate with the module.

-I wish we could separate the choice for zone tags and labels.
-I wish one choice would be to allow us to individually rotate label text as needed when rotating a module.
label text  rotating with module.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
So an exception would be Labels placed with "Use symbol arrow" aka without a Pointer. I think the Labels' orientations should behave the same regardless of the "Use symbol arrow" setting.
rotated modules.jpg
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
OK -- I unchecked "Use symbol arrow" and assigned the Pointer an 'invisible' line type and made the arrowhead small and white. Yet another goofy work-around...
rotated modules.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
I'm not sure which label you are actually using, so this may or may not apply.
One of the somewhat counter-intuitive settings is the 'USE SYMBOL ARROW'. For the type of symbol you show, NO arrow is the symbol arrow so checking that box will turn OFF the arrow and its lead.

HTH

Just logged in to post and I see we were at the same point.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"