BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shortcut Keys

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using a Mac to do Archicad for the past few years and Due to a change in Architecture Firms I am now using a PC. I need some assistance on a shortcut command that I cannot seem to find.

When editing roofs, dimensions and the like on the mac I am used to holding down Ctrl+apple+alt and clicking on another object to match roofs or add additional dimension points. I have gotten so used to using the shortcut that I do not even remember what the command is. Now that Iam using the PC I need to learn the new shortcut's because of the windows key.

Can someone help me out with finding a list of shortcut keys.
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Do you really work for the Wild Animal Park? that is one of my all-time favorite places to go!

To answer your question, for both platforms
OPTIONS> Work Environment > Keyboard Shortcuts
click on the button on the bottom
Show shortcut list in browsert
From there you can save as a pdf and print it.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
chriszolezzi wrote:
I have been using a Mac to do Archicad for the past few years and Due to a change in Architecture Firms I am now using a PC. I need some assistance on a shortcut command that I cannot seem to find.

When editing roofs, dimensions and the like on the mac I am used to holding down Ctrl+apple+alt and clicking on another object to match roofs or add additional dimension points. I have gotten so used to using the shortcut that I do not even remember what the command is. Now that Iam using the PC I need to learn the new shortcut's because of the windows key.

I think you are talking about Parameter Transfer commands.
On PC, Use ALT+Click to get the parameters of an element and use CTRL+ALT+click to transfer those settings to another element.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Close but no, That one was an easy one to figure. An example of the command that I am wanting to do is miter roofs. If you select a roof and then click on the edge of another roof with a set of keys depressed the second roof will miter to the first aligning them perfectly. The same keystroke can add points to an existing dimension line.

I know how to do it on a mac but cannot figure out what it is on the PC
laszlonagy wrote:

I think you are talking about Parameter Transfer commands.
On PC, Use ALT+Click to get the parameters of an element and use CTRL+ALT+click to transfer those settings to another element.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Did you ever contemplate using the Help menu?

In the Archicad Reference guide, p 248, you'll find the Trim to roof command explained. And the shortcut to intersect roof planes, just cmd-click on Mac, or crtl-click on Windows. Which happens to be the same command to use if you want to insert new points on a dimension string.

The chord you're describing is something else - I don't recall using it. Perhaps a misunderstanding. Just one key, as above, and a click will do.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
chriszolezzi wrote:
At the bottom of the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Work Environment Dialog, you will find the Show Shortcut List in Browser button.
Click it and you will get the current shortcuts set.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!