Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

revit 2010 and autocad 2010

TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hello everyone:

someone had to create this topic

here are some links to see what's new in the conccurent products:

autocad 2010:
http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2009/02/autocad-2010-wow.html

(download the preview guide)

revit 2010:

http://bimboom.blogspot.com/

on thing is sure, they've done a good job...i'm sure GS will too.

In revit, the panneling tool feature seems intresting ...parametric rules

[edit] i've created this topic then deleted it but it seems always available trough google searching , so ..i repost it...
with a little update: have a look at the autodesk press release especially the video presentation ( the second one )....
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous
Not applicable
OpenGL has a lot of problems (on of them being outdated)
Ofcourse i can understand that if you want to support Mac's then there is a problem.
vistasp
Advisor
David wrote:
I see from your user image that you have on a pair of goggles and a snorkel, is that so you can stick your head back in the sand.
(good one I just cracked my self up)
Ummm... David... I think you're confusing an ostrich with a diver. I'm sure you've seen plenty of both - but next time look carefully and you'll notice the subtle difference. Thanks for posting your joke, though. I cracked up myself on reading it.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
metanoia wrote:
As for my thoughts on Revit 2010 -- the new form tools are pretty cool, but I am unlikely to have a chance to use them. And unfortunately they only work with the massing tools in Revit, so you can't use them for day-to-day modeling.
Here is where Archicad 13 can put Revit out of business if Graphisoft play their cards right.
Anonymous
Not applicable
blobmeister wrote:
Here is where Archicad 13 can put Revit out of business if Graphisoft play their cards right.
Put Autodesk out of business? I must ask you: Do you look good in blue?

Don't hold your breath 😉

We're expecting to see these tools get into the rest of Revit in a coming release.
Anonymous
Not applicable
metanoia wrote:
blobmeister wrote:
Put Autodesk out of business? I must ask you: Do you look good in blue?

Don't hold your breath 😉

We're expecting to see these tools get into the rest of Revit in a coming release.
OK..not Autodesk, just Revit. They dropped the ball on this. Putting all resources in modelling tools and not being able to pull it through the whole application. Current users aren't going to use the massing tools anyhow and the potential new users would stick to their highly advanced all purpose modellers.

Graphisoft can offcourse take advantage of this flaw in the next release.

By the way, I read on the API blogs that Revit is getting a loft tool for the regular content creation. It wouldn't be a surprise if this can only be accessed through the API. Well, it is at least something. We on the otherhad will have to wait and see what Graphisoft is going to bring us.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
OK..not Autodesk, just Revit. They dropped the ball on this.... Graphisoft can offcourse take advantage of this flaw in the next release.
woohoo mate I wish...

Now realistically I do not think that a free-form technology implemented throughout the whole application is doable within a 1-year cycle. You have to be kidding your self if you think so.
blobmeister, please don't just plunk in statements like this. It looks silly seriously...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ack! I've been hollering for a loft tool in Revit for a long time and now they only give it to us in the API? Huh -- I guess they didn't have time to get the tool into our hands... or... they're leaving it out on purpose to make it a "feature" of Revit 2011 <cough>

Would someone at Autodesk withhold functionality on us? I sure hope not...
Maybe Revit has a 'Special Menu', like ArchiCAD does. Is that where it's parked?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Thomas Holm
Booster
metanoia wrote:
...Would someone at Autodesk withhold functionality on us? I sure hope not...
Of course they would, like every other (ahem) software developer, as long as they think the current release has features enough to sell. They live on upgrades and subscriptions
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
owen
Newcomer
blobmeister wrote:
OK..not Autodesk, just Revit. They dropped the ball on this. Putting all resources in modelling tools and not being able to pull it through the whole application. Current users aren't going to use the massing tools anyhow and the potential new users would stick to their highly advanced all purpose modellers.

Graphisoft can offcourse take advantage of this flaw in the next release.
Being tied to a yearly update cycle means you are never going to get anything major done in a single release ... Graphisoft is all too familiar with this situation (half finished tools)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5